Play in the first year of life is all about exploration. Babies use their five senses to learn about the interesting new world around them: Does an object feel hard or soft? Sticky or rough? What does it do if I drop it? Or put it in my mouth? The most toys for your 8 month old baby play comprises tasting or mouthing an object and shaking, banging, or dropping it.
When your baby develops new motor skills, play becomes more coordinated and complex. During this time, play is usually a solitary activity that makes you your baby’s favorite playmate.
The very essence of a toy to a child is not making the child bored. But we can go a little further to include educational features when considering the choice of a toy to get for your child.
Toy selection shouldn’t be solely based on entertaining the infant but also know of the biological features such as motor skill, brain development which these toys provide. These toys come with numbers, sounds, pictures and several captivating features in them such that your infant’s interactions help him/her learn about language, social relations, and cause-and-effect.
Once babies understand how things in the environment relate to each other and how they taste, smell, feel, and sound, babies are ready for the next stage of development: figuring out how they work.
Now let’s see some of our picks on the best toys for 8-month-old baby boy or girl.
iLearn Baby’s Plush Stacking Rings
Why is it better?
- It has a teething feature
- It comes with features for brain development
- High-quality cotton material
- Unique design and colors
- Upgraded Velcro version
The Lineup At A Glance
We’ve picked a selection of 15 toys that we found would be a perfect selection whether it’s for a 8 month old boy or 8 month old baby girl.
- Push or pull the playful puppy using the cord to activate music while building gross motor skills
- Three colorful buttons promote fine motor skill development in toddlers
- Baby remote control plays more than 45 sing-along songs, melodies, sound effects and phrases
- Toddlers can pretend channel surf through 9 channels including weather and news; interactive role play for an early education toy
- 【Safety】This premium soft plush stacking ring toy exceeds the strict product safety regulations set forth by the CPSC within the ASTM F963 regulations for children's toys.
- 【Soft Material】Made of high-quality PP cotton, softer than plastic to avoid injury by babies and toddlers. One touch and you'll feel the exceptional quality for yourself. Safe for your baby and...
- ❤️❤️【Start mozart concert piano anywhere】The AMOSTING baby musical instruments toy piano keyboard plays an animal sound, helping children learn and hear various animal sounds. Fun toddler...
- ❤️❤️【Great early education toys】Children can work out kid emotions by banging on drum toy or creating a tune on 1 toy piano music keyboard. Creating unicorn sounds and songs of baby piano...
- Kids learning toy has 5 sides of play that encourage discovery and exploration; 4 light-up buttons introduce animal names, animal sounds and shapes
- Pre-k learning toy has 14 interactive features that develop fine motor skills; toy assists babies with sitting up to play
- Interactive kids book has big easy-to-turn pages; nursery rhyme book comes with 6 classic nursery rhymes
- Early education learning center build fine motor skills by sliding and twisting the fun play pieces; pre-K reading book has 40+ songs, melodies, sounds and phrases
- MULTISENSORY CLUTCHING BABY TOY: The Atom Rattle & Teether multi-sensory clutching rattle and teether encourages grasping and reaching which are important in gross motor skills development
- THE HANDS HAVE IT: Lightweight and perfectly sized for baby hands, the Atom Rattle & Teether has soft and pliable one-piece posts with rattle rings that slide back and forth to produce gentle rattling...
- ✔UNIQUE DESIGN infants Water Play Mat - The unique product design with cute cartoon image can attract children's attention, The purpose of this water pad design is to stimulate the toddlers to be...
- ✔LEARN WHILE PLAYING - Baby water mat colorful underwater images and 6 floating marine creatures that can easily attract your baby's attention. Your curious baby will try to capture and hit those...
- ★ MAKE YOUR BABY VERY HAPPY: Developed by experts, our cloth book has adorable stimulating features on every page. The bright colors will hold your baby’s attention even longer. Perfect for...
- ★ GIVE YOUR CHILD A FLYING START: Reading this soft book gives you a chance to bond with your baby, a warm moment together. At the same time, it is an educational toy: a wonderful way to stimulate...
- Move and crawl with the animal friends on the Wiggle and Crawl Ball by VTech
- Interactive ball wiggles and wobbles on its own encouraging your little one to chase after it; features 45+ playful songs, melodies, sounds and cheerful phrases
- ♫High Quality♫ The durable, shatterproof ABS plastic material ensure the musical turtle in long lasting performance and construction with soft edges for safe handling.
- ♫Realistic Activity♫ Explore four play modes that teach about happy songs, cute patterns, count numbers and ABC letters. And the turtle will crawl with the happy songs.
- Musical infant walking toy with 2 ways to play as baby grows: Sit & play or stand & walk
- 75+ songs, sounds and phrases introduce the alphabet, shapes, colors, numbers, Spanish words and more
- 3 ways to play. Grows with baby from walking to bouncing to riding
- Interactive dashboard with lights, songs and sounds
- Marble Run Wonder – Marble Run is a fantastic educational toy that provides hours of fun, both children and adult will enjoy marble run wonder. Prepare this crazy marble tracks for your babies as...
- Roller Coaster and Race Track Design - Different from marble building blocks, this marble tracks need you assemble some track slots to a total race track, similar to series of COCO MAN penguin race...
- ★ NO NEED TO SEARCH FOR VARIETY OF BOOKS - Baby first book teaches your little one how different things feel by touch with these soft books, watch them get excited over touching different textures,...
- ★ GIVE YOUR CHILD A FLYING START - Reading this soft card gives you a chance to bond with your baby, a warm moment together. At the same time, it is an educational toy: a wonderful way to stimulate...
Best Toys for 8 month Old Baby Development 2020
1. Pull and Sing Puppy – Best Gift 8 Month Old
The design of the puppy and the color choice make the puppy adorable, the rotating ears and tail are a good design for babies which tends to hold and turn the ears and tail of the puppy toy.
- Teaches numbers, colors, parts of the body, sound, and music.
- Muscular development from active motion with a puppy.
- Lightweight for infant to pull.
- The string is too short and thin.
- Puppy easily tips over due to the length of the string.
Pull and Sing Puppy is a toy by VTech; pull or push the playful puppy to activate music while building gross motor skills. This playful interactive puppy loves to follow you around; pull the puppy by its cord to activate music and sounds, see the puppy’s legs move and watch the keys swing.
That is to say, three colorful buttons promote fine motor skill development; light-up nose flashes along with all voice, sound and musical responses to attract your little one’s attention. Introduces numbers, colors and parts of the body, plus plays music and puppy sounds to promote language development in a fun way; 60+ songs, melodies, sounds and phrases.
Store the pull cord when not in use; requires 2 AAA batteries (batteries included for demo purposes only, new batteries recommended for regular use); intended for ages 6 months to 3 years.
Learning Fun: Press the number buttons to learn numbers, colors, and objects, and to hear a song or question.
Follow the Leader: Pull the puppy along to watch the puppy’s legs move, the ears turn 360 degrees and the tailspin around.
Parent-Friendly Features: Tuck the cord in the puppy’s storage compartment when not in use. Other features include volume control and an automatic shut-off.
- Parts of the Body
- Sounds & Music
2. Click & Count Remote – Educational toy
The handy nature of the toy makes it a unique toy for infant and the numbers on the toys makes it a great educational toy in development of cognitive skills and the light at the top of the remote catches the attention of the baby
- Encourage discovery and exploration with interactive toys for infants
- Pretend-play and practice taking turns to help develop social skills.
- Promote fine and gross motor skill development by pressing buttons, spinning gears, stacking blocks
- The voice can be annoying for an adult but the toy is met for the kids
Choose a channel and learn with the click & Count remote from Vtech. Your child can enjoy imitative fun while learning numbers, colors, and shapes with a TV remote control toy that looks just like mom and dads! This toy lets your child surf through nine different channels that include pretending news and weather for role-play fun. Volume and channel control buttons teach the concept of opposites.
The music button and roller ball capture your child’s attention with sing-along songs, fun melodies, and sound effects. In addition, familiar phrases like “breaking news” offer a playful real-life experience for fun imitative play.
Baby remote control plays more than 45 sing-along songs, melodies, sound effects, and phrases. Toddlers can pretend channel surf through 9 channels including weather and news; interactive role play for an early education toy.
Lastly, TV remote toy is for children 6 months to 3 years old; 2 AAA batteries are included for demo, use new batteries for regular use
3. iLearn Baby’s Plush Stacking Rings
The different color choice makes it a great toy for your baby which makes the toy an extremely adorable companion for your baby.
The teething feature is a great addition to the toy feature.
- Helps infants to develop color recognition, fine motor skills, counting skills, and spatial reasoning.
- Unique design with teething feature
- Made of high-quality PP cotton, softer than plastic to avoid injury by babies and toddlers
- Modeled after only one animal or bird – a duck
Little ones will be very happy with this exciting gift set. The plush fabric rings are soft to the touch and your baby will love grasping it. Great for developing fine finger skills in young infants.
Upgraded Stacking Rings Set – Fun and Development: Helps infants to develop color recognition, fine motor skills, counting skills, and spatial reasoning. Education experts say spatial reasoning in childhood affects later mathematical ability. A baby’s first stacking experience is a fun way to extend play into early-learning opportunities.
Rings with Sounds: This duck stacking toys is cutely crafted with 6 plush rings including a beeps duck, a windmill rattle, a sunflower rattle, a teether ring, and a crinkle noise ring.
The crinkle noise ring is similar to the white noise heard while the baby in their mother’s womb when squeezed. This sound can be used to help calm fussy babies and get more fun.
Teething Feature: We all know babies can’t help but put things in their mouths. Well, we especially designed this ring so they could do just that! This ring comes with three baby teethers attached so your little one can relieve their teething aches safely. Be sure to keep this toy clean and hygienic so your baby stays healthy.
Upgraded Velcro Version: Many of the Velcro toys on the market are quite abrasive and can hurt your baby’s soft hands when attempting to grab it. In order to solve this problem, we upgraded the Velcro so it is extra soft and will not harm your baby’s hands. It’s also more sticky than normal Velcro, giving extra adhesion.
A Gift of Love: Superior design makes this one of the best gifts for toddlers and infant babies.
4. AMOSTING Musical Toys – Christmas Gift
It’s a multi-functional toy with many music options and modes and it’s key in growing the interest in music in your baby
- Early Learning through play
- Lead-free, BPA-free, non-toxic high-quality plastic
- Great infant learning tools
- Improve hand-eye coordination, imagination, creativity and also good for intelligent development of your baby.
- The volume button is too obvious to the baby so he/she tends to change it mistakenly
- Amazon age description is 6 months and above but carton description is 6+years
Great toys let your children enjoy the fun music!
The piano toys are great gifts for many reasons, the young child can enjoy hours of fun tapping toy piano at the piano keyboard, even without a direct association between the sounds produced and music player. Kids love cause-effect toys and enjoy pressing down toy piano keyboard and creating a distinct sound long before they are aware that they make every note played.
There’s no telling when a gifted musician will first discover a passion for music, so the earlier they can be exposed, the better. Interesting cute shape with this music toy piano drum, inspire the baby infinite imagination.
The cute color design of musical toys can help your baby develop hand-eye coordination, finger flexibility, perception, and also can attract baby attention. The bright colors, light, music, and phrases of the drum for baby help develop important senses like sight and hearing a big boost.
Interesting Cute Shape, Inspire The Baby Infinite Imagination
This baby piano toy includes multiple intelligence activities: Piano, hand drum, guitar, ear trumpet, sax, animals and sing-along songs. In addition, the baby musical toy has 6 piano keyboards, 3 hand drums, and 3 easy press musical instrument buttons.
Creative toys allow baby to toggle music toys through high quality and enjoyable favorite classical melodies at home, or on-the-go fun. The cute color design of musical toys can help your baby develop coordination and perception, and also can attract baby attention.
5. Busy Learners Activity Cube
The different colors and shapes make this toy engage your baby with several activities all at the same time, which not only entertain but develops your baby motor skill and concentration
- Pre-k learning toy has 14 interactive features that develop motor skills; music cube assists babies with sitting up to play
- Motion sensor activates fun sounds when the activity cube is moved to attract attention and encourage crawling
- The early learning center has 25 playful songs and melodies that keep toddlers 6 months to 3 year olds engaged and entertained; comes fully assembled
- No volume knob to control volume levels.
Kids learning toy has 5 sides that encourage exploration; 4 light-up buttons introduce animal names, animal sounds, and shapes. Pre-k learning toy has 14 interactive features that develop motor skills; music cube assists babies with sitting up to play
The motion sensor activates fun sounds when the activity cube is moved to attract attention and encourage crawling. The early learning center has 25 playful songs and melodies that keep toddlers 6 month to 3-year-old engaged and entertained; comes fully assembled.
Shape and animal buttons introduce animal names, animal sounds, and shapes. That is to say, press and slide musical instrument buttons introduce instrument names, sounds, and colors. Sliding, spinning blocks promote interaction and fine motor skill development. This interactive cube also plays fun sounds when it’s moved.
Lastly, block toy is made of BPA-free plastic and has adjustable volume, auto shut-off; 2 AAA batteries are included for demo, use new batteries for regular use
6. Musical Rhymes Book
The idea for a book to play out nursery rhymes makes it exceptional to the curiosity of your baby to want to know and together enjoy the music the book brings with it.
- It’s an interactive kids’ book.
- The early education learning center builds a fine motor.
- It provides visual stimulation with brightly colored pages and a light-up star that flashes along with the sounds.
- Some come with a factory defect that makes the song freezes and the lights still.
Explore classic nursery rhymes with the Musical Rhymes Book by VTech. Your little one will build motor skills by sliding and twisting the fun play pieces while exploring each easy-to-turn page. Then they’ll play piano sounds with the five colorful piano keys that introduce colors and instruments.
Two fun modes include learning mode that introduces age-appropriate vocabulary and music mode that plays music and instrument sounds. In addition, the interactive storybook provides visual stimulation with brightly colored pages and a light-up star that flashes along with the sounds.
The interactive kid’s book has big easy-to-turn pages; nursery rhyme book comes with 6 classic nursery rhymes.
Early education learning center builds fine motor skills by sliding and twisting the fun play pieces; pre-K reading book has 40+ songs, melodies, sounds and phrases.
Talking book features 5 colorful piano buttons that make sounds and introduce colors and instruments; 2 modes of play: music mode and learning mode. Interactive toddler book is visually stimulating with bright pages and a light-up star that flashes with the sound; early learning toy is great for babies and toddlers
Lastly, the baby book is intended for kids 6 months to 3 years of age; 2 AAA batteries included for demo, use new batteries for regular use
7. Atom Rattle and Teether Toy
The Atom-like shape with different colors that mesmerize the baby’s mind makes it unique and calm. The handy nature of this toy is a whole different from others.
- Multi-sensory clutching rattle and teether encourage grasping and reaching which are important for gross motor skills.
- Perfectly sized for baby hands, rattle rings slide back and forth on the soft, flexible one-piece baby teething stems
- Brightly colored infant and baby toy helps stimulate baby’s developing vision
- Plastic melts on steam sterilizing.
The Atom Rattle and Teether toy is a perfect clutching toy for developing gross motor skills. The plastic rings slide back and forth along the flexible dowels when shaken, producing a soft, pleasing rattle, allowing a baby to explore cause and effect.
Hands-on Motor Skill Toy
The ingenious design and bright colors will instantly capture your baby’s attention. Baby will love manipulating the 12 flexible stems around the center sphere.
Lightweight and easy to grasp, the Atom Rattle and Teether feature rattling rings around each stem. Baby will delight in their ability to experience cause and effect.
Perfectly sized for little hands, each of the smooth, BPA and PVC-free teething stems is durably constructed to withstand even the most rigorously teething little ones.
8. Tummy Time Water Mat
The blue color of the mat simply mimic the color of the sea which is great, the floating toys in the water mat make this tummy mat an exhilarating one for the baby
- Perfect sensory toys for developing solid head, neck and shoulder muscles as well as honing hand-eye coordination, fine motor, and social skills.
- Baby will be attracted by the bright colors, cute floating toys
- The smell of the plastic can be awful to your baby.
Most babies scream, howl, and acts like you are forcing her to do something awful. This tummy time mat has changed that. At 3 months we are able to get baby to have tummy time in 15-20-minute stints. They stare at the baby water mat, push on it, and when they spit upon tummy time water mat, the thing is easy to wipe up.
Easy to set up
Filling water play mat with water, Baby can lay on belly for tummy time, sit on the water tummy time mat or relax on the back like a water mattress. You’ll so happy your babies don’t fight tummy time anymore.
Promoting baby’s sensory development
Babies love moving the foam toys around in the baby water mat. The background and pictures are really vibrant and well designed. However, Tummy time is tough for babies as they simply hate being on their stomachs. But this baby tummy time mat held their attention for several minutes.
Continue to use tummy time inflatable water mat several times a day for short intervals so they can build their upper body strength and all that good stuff.
The best tummy time toys for newborns
It is the perfect sensory infant baby 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, 7 months, 8 months, 9 months old. You can put warm water in an inflatable baby water mat. So, your baby will not feel cold when tummy time. Also, You don’t have to be nervous if you have cats or dog, The splash mat is not easy to be punctured.
9. Soft Infant Activity – Developmental Toys
The cloth nature of the book gives it durability when in use and the diversity of items in the content makes it rich for your baby’s development.
- It’s an educational toy: a wonderful way to stimulate important key skills, like language & reading skills, communication skills, imagination, sensory skills
- Cute patterns and textures to stimulate all the senses for your baby.
- Words and picture choices are not consistent
Through the color, pattern, words and parent-child interaction in the form of combining, in the process of watching and playing to promote the baby observation, voice, thinking, games, cognitive letters, and words. In addition, it gives you a chance to bond with your baby, a warm moment together.
At the same time, it is an educational toy; All you need is this soft book with many pictures in bright colors, lots of features and limited text. So, you can tell your own story and have quality time with your child.
High-quality materials: Build-in filler, the construction is stronger, can withstand countless washing.
Easy to Carry: There is a handle on the side of the cloth book, easy to carry, makes the perfect gift for a baby shower or birthday.
New Design: A more comfortable experience for babies with teeth.
Cute Patterns: This cute patterns and textures to stimulate all the senses for your baby
10. Wiggle and Crawl Ball
There is a whole lot to love about this toy, the round shape, the distinct color selection of the animals on the ball, the lights on it and how they sparkle on engagement with the ball is all amazing.
- Easy to press dog, cat and bear buttons which help develops the motor skills
- Simple way to learn about animals, colors, and numbers
- Multi-activity toy with an interactive feature
- Spins and twist on hard floors and not on carpet
- Infant must be supervised when in use
Press the dog, cat and bear buttons to hone fine motor skills and learn about animals, colors and numbers through more than 45 playful songs, phrases, and sounds.
Five flashing lights attract your baby’s attention while spinning, twisting and sliding animals encourage interaction.
Interactive Animals: Make the turtle spin, the bird slide, or the bunny twist to help develop motor skills.
Teaching Buttons: Press the cat, bear or dog to learn animal names, colors, and numbers.
Visually Engaging: Five flashing lights help keep your baby’s attention as the ball rolls.
11. Musical Turtle Toy
It has great light on the back of the turtle, the sleek nature of the animal and how it moves at the pace of your baby is great for companionship and engagement of your baby.
- This musical turtle toy has a natural feel of a real turtle, and keep pace with your little baby
- Comes with a volume control key to adjust the volume according to your needs
- Comes built-in with English and Spanish functions
- The Spanish accent is not too audible
This musical turtle toy can move like a real turtle, and keep pace with your little baby. It will be a great friend to grow with your kids. The happy songs, cute patterns, clear counting, and ABC learning are uniquely suitable for bedrooms, kindergartens, nursery schools, and playrooms, both encourages active play both indoors and outdoors.
Educational Learning: Practice fine finger skills by pressing different buttons. The perfect adorable learning toy for toddlers ready to further their education. Playing with promotes the development of your baby’s knowledge of nature, animals and color recognition.
Great for learning counting, mathematics and multiplication. Suitable for ages 6, 8, 10 months and older. Great for toddlers 1, 2, 3 years old and up.
Adjustable Sounds: Comes with a volume control key to adjust the volume according to your needs. Comes built-in with English and Spanish functions! The bright colors are fun and appealing to children.
Made of durable, shatterproof ABS plastic to ensure long-lasting performance. Non-toxic ABS plastic construction with soft edges for safe handling. Sturdy musical turtle toy with lovely shape and smooth movements.
Lastly, this toy provides educational thinking skills, shape recognition, problem-solving, communication skills, social skills, creativity, imagination, hand-eye coordination, sports skills, handwriting, reading and life skills.
12. Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Learn with Sis
A good choice for a baby girl even though a boy can still make use of it, it encourages the child to walk
- Learning content changes with baby’s age & stage with Smart Stages technology
- 2 ways to play as baby grows: sit & play or stand & walk
- Has no grip on the wheels
Sis keeps learning fun going as your baby grows from seated playtime to walking here, there, and everywhere! Exciting hands-on activities keep younger babies busy, while more than 75 songs, sounds, tunes, and phrases encourage older babies to get moving, rewarding every step!
Academic development: Playful songs and phrases introduce your baby to the alphabet, colors, numbers, Spanish words, and more!
Gross motor skills: Little muscles get a big workout as sitting little ones reach for and interact with the play panel and then pull up to stand and walk behind the walker.
Curiosity & Wonder: As babies discover how to activate the music and phrases by pressing the buttons or pushing the walker along, they see that their actions can make fun things happen, that’s cause & effect!
- 2 ways to play as baby grows: sit & play or stand & walk!
- Push Sis along for fun music & encouraging phrases
- 7 hands-on activities!
- 75+ songs, sounds & phrases
- Learning content changes with baby’s age & stage
13. Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Crawl Around Car
It’s a great and safe to play toy that encourages learning with entertaining the baby. It is born imagination in the kid.
- Stationary mode of the car encourages baby to sit up, crawl, pull up, stand & move all around
- Smart Stages technology with 3 modes of play: Learning, Music & Imagination
- Volume control not efficient
- Bad quality control for this product
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Crawl Around Car puts baby in the driver’s seat of a stationary car that comes fully loaded, inside and out, with grow-with-me options for learning and play! In addition, the interactive lights and sounds dashboard keeps baby busy with a light-up baby “GPS”, a horn to honk, gears to shift, and more!
Three Smart Stages levels of play, over 75 sung songs, tunes, and phrases, and lots of physical activities that grow with baby from sit & play, to crawl, to stand & cruise help fuel physical development, interactive learning fun, and imaginative adventures. (Please note: Car is stationary.)
Crawl Around Car comes equipped with Smart Stages technology, an exciting new way to change learning content as baby grows. Every baby develops at their own pace, and Smart Stages technology gives you the ability to select the stage that’s best for your child.
There are a variety of developmentally appropriate songs, phrases, and sounds within three levels of play – just slide the switch! Smart Stages Technology: Level 1 – Explore – 6M+ First words and sounds spark baby’s curiosity; Level 2 – Encourage – 12M+ Prompt baby though questions and simple directions; Level 3 – Pretend – 18M+ Imaginative fun and early role play. Do not charge non-rechargeable batteries.
14. Ball Drop Advanced with Bridge
Colorful, entertaining and inspiring due to the movement of the ball along the bridge.
- Promotes Intellect Skills, Creativity, Originality, and Concentration for babies
- Encourages repeated play, develop fine motor skills, and creative game competition for all ages
- Requires too much adult supervision
- Base of the bridge not steady
The Advanced Ball Drop is a safe educational baby and toddler toy, and a great way to encourage repeated play, develop fine motor skills, and creative game competition for all ages.
Ball drop, Ball Ramp will mesmerize your baby for hours as the strong durable balls race around and down the tower ramps and across to other towers and then back again.
Great value. Your baby and future toddler can play for years. The plastic is strong acrylic. Your toy will last a long time.
18 Total pieces 8 -tiers towers, 2 purple bridges, 2 yellow bases, and 4 spinning activity balls.
For fun and competitive play with Mom and Dad. Encourages your little architect’s child’s social interaction.
Mix and match any way you like.
Lastly, the baby can learn to turn plastic ramps and adjust the speed of the ball drop (faster the better).
15. 26 Letters Cloth Card
The cloth card makes it durable, the letter is boldly written and the additional language is a plus.
- A great toy to learn the alphabet and also a new language
- The cloth card makes them durable even to the roughest touches.
- Some of the Chinese language inscriptions are wrong.
It’s a soft card with a little Chinese
The fabric is extremely soft and great to touch. And each card has something different to explore. This educational toy is one big adventure!
Research shows that children who had a word read aloud to them as a baby
– Experience more pleasure in reading
– Are more motivated to learn to read
– Are more successful at school
It is never too early to start reading to your child.
All you need is this soft word card with many pictures in bright colors, lots of features and limited text.
So you can tell your own story and have quality time with your child.
THE BEST DESERVES!
Because babies put everything into their mouths, the quality of this book is extremely important. Our cloth book is totally safe for your baby:
How to choose the Best Toys For 8 Month Old Baby
A baby staring at a mobile; a toddler stacking blocks; a preschooler painting with watercolors — all are activities that can be done independently.
But don’t underestimate your role. After all, it’s you who put up the mobile, turned it on, and encouraged your baby to follow. It’s you who first showed your baby how to stack those blocks. And when you sit side-by-side with your kids and paint, color, or read a story, you give them the attention they need to build their self-esteem and feel loved and secure.
So put these into consideration while thinking of the toy to pick for that baby.
1. Item Weight
The weight of a toy is important in making a toy-choice because the infant will be the one to make use of the toy.
Will the toy be used with the parent? Or will the baby use it alone? Is it a carriable toy? Will it be pulled or pushed or tossed? If the toy falls on the baby, will the prevalent weight impact the baby?
These are some parameters to look out for in the toy’s weight.
2. Material Type
Material type is also important because it bears the safety of the baby since the baby will be in constant contact with this material in the form of a toy.
Is the material type Lead-free, BPA free, Phthalate-free, and Non-Toxic?
Is the plastic a polymer? A high-quality polyester?
If it’s cotton is it pure cotton?
Check if the material used has passed any of US safety standard tests recently.
Traditional bottles can be tall and slightly curved or angled to help keep your baby from ingesting air while they eat. A lot of bottles on the market will claim that their bottle is designed to help you or your baby hold them while eating. Some wide-necked bottles can help with making measuring the formula you’re using easier, but this shape tends to not fit into drink-holders or most of the sterilizers.
3. Age Range
Every toy is age-specific. The reason for that is the specific aim the toy is to accomplish in the child’s development, every toy can entertain a child but not all toys can develop that child.
So as much as possible, stick to the age range when selecting a toy for your child.
Usually, you will see 0-18 months, 3-24 months, 6 months-2 years or toy for a 3-year-old boy these are just some examples of age specification on toy boxes.
4. Educational Objective
Research shows that most toys for an infant are base on early childhood education, preschool learning, and kindergarten which focus on colors, number, and shape with a few on cause-and-effect awareness.
So, while you will want to keep the baby busy, entertain, and active, there is an educating going on when that baby plays with a toy.
When the intention is numbers or alphabets, you get numbers and/or a letter crested toy or it could be a toy that sounds and display these numbers and letter characters, so also for speech, rhymes, and recognition.
5. Biological Objective
We cannot overemphasize the core of the early stages in raising our kids; it’s the bedrock of whom they become later on in life.
As there is a different level of grades in school, so are there also different educational objectives of these toys which goes along with the age range as discussed above.
In child development, motor skills, imaginary skill, concentration, and brain development are key to the proper upbringing of any child.
So, in sticking to the age range specification of toys, you’re also sticking to the biological aim of the toy.
6. Parental Supervision
Toys are a way to keep the kids busy and active, they seem to be responsible for their decision on how to play with their toys but most at times, some toys require parental supervision, not only for the safety of the kids but for proper use of the items that make up the toy or on the how the toy should be used.
So, the parent should be very careful to go through the know-how of the toys before handing it the kids for fun time
Frequently Asked Questions
At this age, it is better to put the kid’s sense of creativity to use while feeding their desire to learn and explore. Educational toys teach skills like math and reading are a great choice at this age.
It’s vital to recall that children are like sponges at this age, soaking up information at a high rate. When selecting an interactive or educational toy for an 8-month-old baby look for options that provide positive reinforcement and encouragement.
Every kid develops at a different pace. At this age, children have not started establishing their likes, dislikes, and preferences. While every toy comes with a recommended age range, it isn’t a hard and fast rule. If your child is a fast learner. They may find toys designed for older children to be more fun but if your child learns slower, they may be more interested in toys designed for the lower age range, and that’s OK.
Keep in mind that the need and interests of the child will help dictate whether a toy is appropriate if you’re unsure if a toy is a right choice.
8-month-old reaches a developmental milestone by wanting to or even crawling. Some that develop fast can even hold objects like a chair or the leg of a table to stand.
At this stage, teething kicks in, vital in their growth as an infant where they will want to put everything, I mean anything into their mouth, so one must be very watchful of them at all times.
Providing fun and exciting toys for your child is essential, but the child’s safety is paramount. In buying toys for your infant, it’s important that they design the toy with their safety in mind.
CPSC or Snell certifications are just a few safety certifications issued to a specific toy that has safety measures incurred in them.
For example, any electronic toy should be UL certified for safety.
Parents should regularly check toys for wear, tear, rust, sharp edges, or broken parts. If a toy is broken, it should be immediately repaired or thrown away.
Most toys that work on a circuit board inside require batteries and also most uses 2 or 3 AAA battery
Search with the ASIN number found in the table above on www.amazon.com, Upon entering the ASIN number, the toy assigned to that number will show up and you click for more details.
There are no standard requirements for caring and maintenance of toys but every toy has its own unique requirements due to the type of materials used in its manufacturing. So, every parent has to be careful to read thoroughly the user manual before setting up and thereafter maintenance.
Research shows kids develop longer attention spans when there are fewer toys lying around. When too many toys are introduced into a child’s life, their attention span will begin to suffer. A child will rarely learn to fully appreciate the toy in front of them when there are countless options still remaining on the shelf behind them.
Last update on 2020-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API