I have been staring at a box of lasagna noodles sitting in my cupboard for some time, wondering when I’ll ever have the motivation to attempt the many-step process of preparation. Lasagna is a comfort dish for me, and many others I’m sure, and once it is prepared it is easy to freeze, eat for leftovers, and bring along with you to a friend who just welcomed a baby, or perhaps lost a loved one. Lasagna knows no bounds.
I may be getting carried away, but I think you can see that my love for lasagna is great – this is why I was so thrilled to come across this recipe for skillet lasagna. Today I am making my simple vegetarian weeknight version which your family will love. Feel free to make this dairy-free, gluten-free, and add or remove anything you would like. It is a versatile dish and you can’t go wrong.
Easy Weeknight Lasagna
– 1 box of lasagna noodles
– Sauce of your choice
– optional ingredients: Mozarella cheese, ricotta cheese, ground meat, (anything you like in lasagna!)
– Break lasagna noodles in half and boil until just tender (unlike regular lasagna which would be partially cooked)
– In the meantime heat your sauce in a separate pan
– Once noodles have cooked add to pan with sauce and cover. Allow to cook on medium for 5 minutes more.
– Add your optional ingredients and cover to melt cheese.
Serves 6-8 people