I recently stumbled upon this incredibly unique Vitra Porcupine Desk designed by Hella Jongerius, a highly respected designer from the Netherlands, who has designed pieces for Droog and IKEA. Museums such as the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the Museum of Modern Art in New York have featured quite a bit of her work.
What makes the Vitra Porcupine Desk so innovative is it’s printed motif surface resembling a charm bracelet. Animal shapes and other symbols are attached to a chain link circle and some of the links in the chain are bored through the tabletop, allowing children to store their markers in the holes.
- Available in Brown/Light Pink and Olive Green/Light Blue
- Legs and table top made of solid hornbeam
- Water-based colored lacquer
- Screenprinted pattern on desktop
- Holes in desktop act as holder for pens and markers
- Includes a set of high quality felt-tip pens
The table measures 21.25″ H x 22.5″ W x 28.25″ D and is the ideal companion to Vitra’s Panton chair.
Price: $980.00 from All Modern.