Last Minute 4th of July Idea ~ Red, White and Blue Strawberries
I’ll be honest with you, I spend a lot of time on Pinterest pinning all sorts of wonderfully festive foods. Complicated flag desserts and beautifully decorated cookies litter my Fourth of July Pinterest board. But for all my grand plans, when it comes down to holiday time I’m usually scrambling to find something that can be whipped up with zero planning.
These red, white and blue strawberries are just my speed. They are quick, easy and even fun for little helping hands. My little guys loved making these almost as much as he loved eating them. They’re a stunning addition to any fourth of July picnic or BBQ.
- 1 bag (12 oz) white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, whole
- Blue sanding sugar or sprinkles
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper, set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat white chocolate chips and shortening at 30-second intervals until completely smooth and melted, stirring in between intervals.
- Dip strawberries into the chocolate, leaving a little room at the top so you can see the red. Allow the excess to drip off then dip the bottom third of the strawberries into the sanding sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat until all strawberries are coated.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes, until set. Serve!