Best Party Snack Idea For The Weekend – Jalapeno Popper Dip
Okay, so this may not be the health-conscious type of recipe you’re used to seeing from me, but you’ve got to live on the wild side every once in a while.
A group of my favorite ladies from Reno Moms Blog got together last weekend and had a “Favorite Things” party and potluck. I always consider gatherings a get-out-of-jail-free card for eating whatever my heart desires, and it desires this jalapeno popper dip. Always.
It disappeared in no time. There probably weren’t enough of us there to justify that we ate an entire batch of jalapeno popper dip, but it happened, because this dip is amazing. It tastes exactly like a jalapeno popper and gets rave reviews wherever I take it. Just try taking it to a party without having people beating down your door for the recipe. Won’t happen my friends. And you didn’t hear it from me, but if you’re lucky enough to take some home with you, it makes an excellent spread for bagels.
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (4oz) can diced jalapenos
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, mix together sour cream, mayo, cheeses and garlic salt. Drain jalapenos, leaving a little bit of the juice if you like it a little spicier (yes, please!) and drain chiles completely; mix into dip.
- Spread into a large, shallow casserole dish and smooth with a spatula.
- In a bowl, combine the panko and Parmesan. Sprinkle over the top of the dip. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until breadcrumbs are golden brown and the cheeses are melted. Serve hot.