Easy Recipe For Cranberry Orange Muffins
Whenever I’m looking to make a weekend morning a little extra special, my go-to breakfast item is muffins. These muffins are full of bright citrus flavor and sweet tangy cranberries, and they became a family favorite from the first time I made them.
If you don’t have any fresh cranberries, you can substitute dried, or even change the flavors to blueberry and lemon. These muffins come together quickly and always bake up beautifully golden and even. Whether you’re taking them to a gathering or making them for your family, they are sure to disappear fast.
Cranberry Orange Muffins
makes 1 dozen
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F, line a standard muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together butter, sugar, zest, juice, eggs, vanilla and milk. Stir into flour mixture just until combined. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out clean, 22-25 minutes. Cool for five minutes in tins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.