Easter Treat Idea ~ Chocolate Egg Nests!
I love all the beautiful holiday crafts I see on Pinterest for Easter (and every other holiday). The hand sewn bunnies and Faberge egg decorated cookies and other elaborate crafts are delightful. They are, however, very time consuming and above my skill level.
This Easter treat idea on the other hand, is amazingly easy and takes all of five minutes and five ingredients to make. It’s simple enough for the littlest helpers to make, and just messy enough to be tons of fun.
Chocolate Egg Nests
- 1 (4oz) package of chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 18 candy eggs (I like the whoppers robin eggs, they’re so pretty)
- In a bowl combine the coconut and chow mein noodles, breaking up the chow mein noodles into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour peanut butter chocolate mixture into the chow mein mixture and stir until the noodles and coconut are completely covered.
- Drop into 6 mounds on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Make a small indent in the middle of each “nest” and fill with candy eggs. Refrigerate until firm.