How To Make Delicious Parmesan Zucchini Crisps
I’m totally a snack hog. I usually snack my way through the day until dinner time, forgoing anything that could be counted as an actual meal. Where did that entire box of Wheat Thins go while I was watching Downton Abbey? I don’t know, but I’m covered in crumbs and regret.
These crispy zucchini snacks are an awesome alternative to popcorn as a movie snack (we made a batch while watching Frozen for the umpteenth time this week), and you can even amp up the health factor by baking them. I prefer them with that crisp brown coating that you only get from frying them though. I told you, unrepentant snack hog here.
Parmesan Zucchini Crisps
- 2 large zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Combine flour and spices in a bowl. Combine panko and cheese in a separate bowl.
- Dredge zucchini discs in flour mixture, dip into the egg, then coat with a generous layer of panko and cheese.
- Drop zucchinni discs into the oil, a few at a time (be careful not to crowd the pan), and cook 1-2 minutes per side, until crisp and golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon or spatula to a paper towel lined plate to cool. Repeat with remaining zucchini discs.
- Serve hot with your choice of dipping sauce (I love marinara or ranch!)