IKEA Recalls Children’s Bed Canopies Due To Strangulation Hazard
I was just shopping at IKEA the other day, and was looking at these very canopies! Last week IKEA is asking parents who own a bed canopy from children’s IKEA (the ones intended to be draped around children’s cribs/beds) to stop using it and bring the canopy back to any IKEA store for a full refund.
The reason? IKEA has identified a potential strangulation hazard associated with these products. No injury has been reported, but IKEA has received reports of entanglement when the fabric/net is pulled into the cribs/beds and entangled around infant’s necks.
- LEGENDARISK has article number 600.506.81 and is a white canopy with golden crowns printed on the white fabric.
- MINNEN Bed Canopy Set has article number 900.877.58 and is a white canopy with golden swirl decorations printed on the edge of the fabric
- BARNSLIG Boll has article number 201.078.30 and is a white canopy with a red pointed top.
- MINNEN Brodyr has article number 501.076.78 and is a white canopy with green leaf decorations sewn on the fabric
- HIMMEL canopies come in four colors, all with pointed tops; HIMMEL Green has article number 701.376.41
- HIMMEL White/Blue has article number 201.758.38
- HIMMEL Blue has article number 901.376.40
- HIMMEL Pink has article number 101.376.39
- FABLER has article number 201.308.78 and is a white canopy with the multicolored dots and upside-down triangles sewn on the fabric
- TISSLA has article number 902.367.15 and is a light pink canopy with pink laces sewn on the fabric
- KLÄMMIG has article number 928.165.95 and is a yellow canopy with the stand clamped to the frame of the crib
If you have one of the affected bed canopies, please stop using it immediately and bring the canopy back to any IKEA store for a full refund.
For more information, please contact IKEA toll-free (888) 966-4532.