Exciting Updates: Diagon Alley At Wizarding World of Harry Potter
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, will open this summer and both Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. Entertainment revealed some details today that are sure to get families excited! The Harry Potter area will be doubling in size and guests will be able to travel between the two areas aboard the iconic Hogwarts Express.
When Universal Orlando opened The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at its Islands of Adventure theme park in 2010, it became an instant hit. The Hogwarts castle is home to the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey attraction – and the village of Hogsmeade. The new Diagon Alley will be located within Universal Orlando’s second theme park, Universal Studios, and experiences will be based around the book’s signature areas of London, Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley.
Once guests arrive at the King’s Cross Station aboard the Hogwarts Express, they’ll pass through London and the brick wall archway that so many of us recall from the film. This will then take them into Diagon Alley, a wizarding hub within Muggle city where you can shop, dine and play. A new ride called Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts will offer excitement and thrills like no other!
A few of the other fun features to look forward to:
- When you board the Hogwarts Express and travel between London’s King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure), you’ll experience views of London and the British countryside with a few surprises!
- The new multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
- Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops
- Knockturn Alley, a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as skulls, Death Eater masks and more.
- Speaking of shops, you can find virtually everything pertaining to “wizard” at Magical Menagerie, Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment and Quality Quidditch Supplies, Scribbulus.
- Enjoy yummy treats from the Leaky Cauldron, Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour.
So, who’s up for a trip to Orlando with me this summer?