WestJet Adds A Little Magic To Their Routes With The New #MagicPlane
This morning, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts and WestJet Vacations unveiled their latest project- a custom-painted Boeing Next-Generation 737-800 series aircraft featuring Mickey Mouse in his most famous role, Sorcerer Mickey! If you’re active on Twitter you’ve probably already noticed the many tweets today using the hashtag #MagicPlane.
- The two sides of the aircraft are mirror images of each other in all aspects but one. We’ll leave it to our guests to decide what that is!
- There are a total of 36 different paint colours on the aircraft
- It took a team of 26 people 24 days working around the clock to paint the Magic Plane
- The painting crew consumed more than 150 doughnuts over the 24 days
- The painting crew consisted of people from four countries, five states, two provinces and 12 cities
- The cookies that will be served on board are a special treat in the shape of Disney characters
- Over the next five years, the Magic Plane will fly more than 400,000 guests a total of nearly eight million kilometres.
Photo credit: Walt Disney World Parks & Resorts Canada & West Jet’s Twitter