Food Friday Featuring: Berry Merry Raisin Bread Breakfast Cups
Raisin bread wasn’t raisin bread for me, unless it had the picture of the lady in the bonnet on the front. In fact, raisins weren’t REALLY raisins unless she was on the box. You can say Sun-Maid has been in my life since the very beginning, so it was only natural that I would pass on the tradition to my own kids. We go through the stuff like water!
A couple of weeks ago, the brand offered to send us a loaf along with some coupons and recipes and when it arrived, my kids squealed. Over raisin bread. Yes, they are fans.
One of the recipes that was included really caught my eye. Berry Merry Breakfast Cups uses the raisin bread in a way I have never thought of. These taste just as delicious as they look and are so simple to put together!
- 6 Slices Sun-Maid Raisin Bread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 mL) berries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vanilla or lemon yogurt
1. Spread the butter over both sides of each slice of the Sun-Maid Raisin bread. Stir together sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over top of bread slices. Fit slices into 6 muffin cups.
2. Divide berries and yogurt into each bread shell.
3. Bake in a 375F (180C) oven until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool.
Substitute the yogurt with your favourite pudding, whipped cream or ice cream.