Food Friday Featuring: Sweet & Savory Butternut Squash Soup
One of my favourite ways to use up Thanksgiving leftovers is by making Butternut Squash soup. I love to throw in all the left over roasted vegetables from our dinner as well as adding some other ingredients to build the flavour. The best part about soup is that you can change it up every time based on what is kicking around your kitchen.
- splash of olive oil
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- Any left over roasted veggies if available
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a soup pot or dutch oven and add the onions and garlic stirring for about 2 minutes.
- When the onions start to soften and become translucent add the other vegetables (except squash), stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Next add squash, curry powder, salt and pepper and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and raise the heat to boil. Immediately lower the heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes and keep stirring.
- Using an immersion blender or blend in batches in a blender until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper and curry powder to taste.