Autumn In Ontario: A Look At My Town Through Instagram Photos

Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 9.20.02 AM

The autumn is my favourite season. The weather is simply perfection – never too hot or too cold, and the scenery is breathtaking. We live on one of the main highways in Canada (Highway 17) and here in Northern Ontario, we experience some of the most beautiful colours in the province. You can drive along the highway for 1-2 hours without seeing anything but trees, rocks and massive boulders.

Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 9.23.23 AM

After living here for almost 10 years now, this has become somewhat of a normality for me, but I still like to capture the beauty of it all. I’ve been able to do so from outside my kitchen window as you can see from the photo above, or at Chutes Provincial Park which happens to be just a short walk from my house. The waterfalls are exquisite!

Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 9.20.08 AM

A look from my bedroom window. Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 9.24.04 AM

Join us! Bloggers – add your blog post to the linky. Not a blogger? No problem. Join us at Instagram by using hashtag #igtravelthursday and share your travel photos. But sorry- no linking to Instagram images from the linky, just to blog posts.

6 Responses to "Autumn In Ontario: A Look At My Town Through Instagram Photos"

1. Chasing the Donkey

September 26, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Such awesome photos. I love when the leaved start to change colour – it’s so romantic.

2. Katy

September 27, 2013 at 1:52 am

Wow! Those colors are absolutely stunning. You live in a beautiful place. I love Autumn too and do miss it living here in Singapore where it is pretty much summer the entire year long.

3. Leigh Powell Hines

September 27, 2013 at 10:57 am

These are beautiful photos, Nadia. I love the color.

4. YashY

September 29, 2013 at 10:47 pm

These colours during the Fall is what I miss the most as a downtown gal… AH fall.. my favest of seasons! #IgTravelThursday

5. Cheryl

September 30, 2013 at 8:38 pm

That waterfall and the colours of the leaves on the tree where you live are just stunning. I’m envious you are only a short walk away from a waterfall! No such thing close to where I live. – well not natural ones that is ;)

6. Elena

October 1, 2013 at 12:30 am

Fall colors really do have a way of making you pause in awe. I had forgotten until I saw them this past weekend when we were away. So beautiful. I especially love your road trip picture- the diversity of colors leaves a lot to the imagination.