Sep

Which Location In The USA Is Instagrammed The Most?

544853_22199986

If I had to guess as to what the most instagrammed location in the USA was, I would say, New York City, without missing a beat. Turns out I would be wrong. The most instagrammed area in the United States is not a state, nor is it a city or town – it’s an attraction.

Any guesses yet?

In May I wrote a post for Babble.com where I revealed the answer. At that time the Happiest Place on Earth had over 8 million photos had been posted from the resort and shared through Instagram. Four months later, that number has definitely increased!

Disneyland Resort had 44,000 followers back in May and that number has since increased to 230,000. Just yesterday, it was announced that their sister property Walt Disney World had just joined Instagram. They currently have 5331 followers, a number that I’m sure will change by the hour.

Screen Shot 2013-09-05 at 9.50.22 AM

Both accounts do not post photos on their own, instead they showcase their favorite photos from guests who tag their Instagram photos with #WaltDisneyWorld or #Disneyland. It’s a win-win for them and the guests taking the pictures. I for one would love to have one of my photos displayed in front of 230,000 Instagram users! We’ve taken numerous shots of the resorts over the years and I always wished they were on Instagram.

I certainly hope businesses and brands take this news into consideration. If you aren’t on Instagram, you should be. It’s one of the most powerful social tools available for businesses, particularly those in the tourism and travel industry.

Join us! Bloggers – add your blog post to the linky. Not a blogger? No problem. Join us at Instagram by using hashtag #igtravelthursday and share your travel photos. But sorry- no linking to Instagram images from the linky, just to blog posts.

10 Responses to "Which Location In The USA Is Instagrammed The Most?"

1. Farrah

September 5, 2013 at 10:07 am

Ah! Makes total sense. I was thinking NYC or Grand Canyon :)

September 5, 2013 at 11:15 am

Thanks for sharing, when I saw your link, I couldn’t wait to find out!!!

3. Hatton

September 5, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Love this post! And very relevant to a project I’m working on (which I just posted about in my blog!) I haven’t figured out how to “repost” photos on Instagram… do you have to use a program for that???

4. Karen - Desert Chica Ramblings

September 5, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I knew the answer to this one – Disneyland crazy family here. :-) We are headed back in a few weeks, I can’t wait to instagram our trip!

5. Lisa Goodmurphy

September 5, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Makes perfect sense but I would have guessed Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls or New York City. Brilliant idea on the part of Disney to showcase the photos that other people take.

6. Nicole

September 5, 2013 at 3:40 pm

I cannot wait to one day go by myself and spend a whole day Instagramming the parks!

7. Leigh Powell Hines @Hinessightblog

September 5, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Great post, Nadia. I will get my chance in November. We’re taking our children then. Yea!!!

8. Jess

September 6, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I would have said NYC too, but Disney makes sense – everyone loves to share photos when they’re at the happiest place on earth!

9. Elena

September 6, 2013 at 11:05 pm

So smart of Disney to feature the many images that others are taking. Great engagement as always by their social media team!

10. Satu VW

September 7, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Those are amazing numbers and such a smart marketing strategy when it comes to Instagram!