Road Trips & Instagram #IGTravelThursday

Road trips are a wonderful opportunity to whip out your camera and start clicking, however it can be slightly tricky to get unique shots and interesting perspectives. During our road trip to North Bay I asked my husband to pull over so that I could take a photo of the beautiful yellow field of canola that went on and on forever. I had passed it on my way through the first time and believe it or not, my girls were the ones that begged me to take a picture on the way back. Unfortunately it was too dark on the way home that day, so I promised myself that I would capture the beauty of that field on our next trip.

There are many unique and interesting sights that are located directly off the highway. Here’s an example of a giant chair taken just past Thessalon, Ontario. Granted the lighting isn’t the best, but it was our only chance and the kids were tickled pink.

Pulling over isn’t always possible, so I take many shots with my phone pressed on the glass of the windshield. I’ve been able to get quite a few great shots of the scenery

including a few breathtaking sunsets.

Of course, there’s also the famous rear-view mirror shot. These are done so often that I prefer to take them only when there’s an interesting angle or element of surprise.

Do you take Instagram photos during your road trips? I would love to see! Follow me @ChildMode.

Join us! Bloggers – add your blog post to the linky. Not a blogger? No problem. Join us at Instagram by using hashtag #igtravelthursday and share your travel photos. But sorry- no linking to Instagram images from the linky, just to blog posts, and the blog post has to be somehow related to Instagram and traveling.

7 Responses to "Road Trips & Instagram #IGTravelThursday"

1. Paige Conner Totaro

July 25, 2013 at 10:07 am

Great photos! The sky and clouds are so beautiful.

July 25, 2013 at 10:07 am

I love this because I take A LOT of photos from a moving car on our Sunday drives and on road trips!

3. Lisa Goodmurphy

July 25, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I take quite a few photos through the windshield when we’re driving in Northern Ontario too – we always seem to be in a hurry to get to our destination and nobody wants to indulge me by pulling over. And I love that red chair – I grew up just outside Thessalon and my parents still live there!!

4. Satu VW

July 25, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Funny enough, my post this week is about road tripping – but in Norway! It is definitely quite hard to stop sometimes even if you see something interesting. The good thing about Norway though is that the roads are quite small, and if you travel off-season, stopping is usually no problem. The worse is when you try to drive AND shoot, I don’t recommend that even though I have quite a few shots like this on my phone… :)

5. Katie

July 25, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Me + iPhone + moving car = crappy photo. Usually. Nice work here!

6. Leigh Powell Hines @Hinessightblog

July 26, 2013 at 10:09 am

I have to get better at taking photos from a moving car. I love the giant chair, Nadia.

7. Pingback: The Most Important Tip for Awesome Instagram Photos #IGTravelThursday | Skimbaco Lifestyle | online magazine