Celebrity Nanny To The Stars Dishes On 5 Things Every Mom Needs
Helen Moon, the internationally renowned baby specialist who originally hails from England and who has over 27 years of extensive experience caring for babies. She is the author of the new book “Cherish the First Six Weeks: A Plan that Creates Calm, Confident Parents and a Happy, Secure Baby” and completed the English Nanny Training Course NNEB (Nursery Nurse Examination Board) certification in 1985. Helen’s celebrity clientele includes high-profiles such as Sir Elton John, Elizabeth Berkley Lauren, Andrew McCarthy, and more.
We had the chance to chat with Helen Moon and she dished on the 5 things every mom must-have.
- A crystal glass nail file. Put down the nail clippers and scissors! A crystal glass nail file is the safest gentlest way to keep baby’s nails short. 95 & Sunny makes a good set.
- Large-sized receiving blankets. Return your small-sized swaddle blankets as baby will grow out of them too quickly. My favorite receiving blankets are from Aden & Anais, they are large breathable blankets made of muslin, they have enough stretch in them to swaddle securely, but not too much for your little one to wiggle out of. The best thing about these blankets, is they keep the baby warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm. Aden and Anais blankets can be purchased in many shops including Target or Amazon.com.
- Waterproof pads. Pretty pad covers for the bassinet and changing table will look nice but waterproof pads are easier to switch that when leaks happen. The best waterproof lap pad in my opinion is the Carter’s Keep-Me-Dry 3 Pack Flannel Lap Pads, but I have also worked with a few moms who like to use the 72-Count PeeWees Multi-Pack Disposable Multi-Use Pads from Babies”R”Us.
- An account with The Honest Company. I used to swear by Diapers.com, anything you needed for baby could be shipped to you the next day. Now this amazing company sends you diapers, wipes, shampoos, lotions, diaper cream, pretty much everything you need to diapering and clean your baby. All their products are eco-friendly and good for your baby. You can also find their products now on Zulily, a top daily deals site for new moms.
- Moby Wrap. I absolutely love this baby carrier. Now granted you have to learn how to use it. It’s a very long piece of fabric you wrap around yourself and can carry your baby in different positions. But it really is worth the effort to learn how to use it. It doesn’t hurt your back like some of the carriers and most babies love the close contact with mom or dad, yes I have shown many a dad how to use it too. You can get the Moby Wrap at Amazon.com as well.