Food Friday Featuring: Irresistible Mini Frittatas
Frittatas have always been a staple meal for my family. Day or night, this egg based, crust-less quiche, omeletty dish can be enriched with veggies, meat,s cheeses, herbs, spices, anything! This is a “clean out your fridge” kind of dish and that is why I truly love it.
Today I decided to make mini frittatas by baking them in muffin tins. Cute and delicious, this is a fun way to switch things up. There are no limits when it comes to these babies. Perfect for little hands, but these irresistible tiny frittata cups make an awesome grab and go lunch, great on top of a salad, a yummy dinner party appetizer, or piled high on a brunch table. The list is endless!
- Olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 5 handfuls of baby spinach
- ½ cup of white onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 cup of mushrooms chopped
- ½ cup of feta cheese crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease muffin tins if not already nonstick.
- Sauté onions, garlic, mushrooms in oil until soft.
- Turn off the stove, add spinach and toss into sauté mix.
- In a separate bowl, crack the eggs and beat.
- Add a bit off salt and pepper and the crumbled feta cheese to the eggs.
- Add the sauté mixture into the eggs and toss.
- Pour into muffin tins and fill to the top.
- Bake for 20 min.
Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!