Angry Birds Space Encounter ~ The New Interactive Attraction At Kennedy Space Center
One of the first games I downloaded after receiving my first iPhone was Angry Birds. If you’ve never played the game let me warn you – it’s highly addictive! Angry Birds is so popular they’ve created a theme park in Finland as well as an entire line of baby blankets based on the game.
Turns out North America will be getting a big dose of Angry Birds in the very near future with Space Encounter, the first comprehensive, interactive Angry Birds attraction in the United States designed for people of all ages. The attraction opened up last week at the Visitor Complex. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
The 4,485-square-foot Angry Birds Space Encounter, is included in regular Visitor Complex admission, and brings to life the space adventures of the Angry Birds as they follow their kidnapped eggs into an inter-galactic wormhole, come face-to-face with Space Pigs and gear up with heroic superpowers. Visitors encounter six interactive stations designed to engage and immerse guests in a new dimension of Angry Birds Space:
- Create Your Own Angry Bird – Red, green, blue or purple – Guests create their own Angry Bird by choosing from an array of body styles and accessories. When the bird is complete, guests can print their bird as a keepsake.
- Eggsteroids Slingshot – Ready, set, squawk! Guests take their best shot – slingshot, that is – at King Pig and Corporal Pig, competing with fellow players using mini Angry Birds launched in a slingshot to zap the Space Pigs.
Cold Cuts Tile Puzzle – Guests line up a universe of planets and Angry Birds to solve sliding puzzles, with three levels of difficulty, featuring images of Super Red, Ice Bird, The Incredible Terence and Space King, Pig in a Bubble.
- Danger Zone – Proceed with caution! The Danger Zone features a mirrored labyrinth challenge to find the hidden Angry Birds. Guests discover surprises along the way.
- Red Planet Lazer Challenge – The Angry Birds need help finding their prized golden eggs! Guests journey to the surface of the Red Planet to search for the mythical eggs but need to watch out for lazer beams that create obstacles along the course, making the mission more difficult.
- Angry Birds Game Zone – Guests can play the actual Angry Birds Space game in a tournament against fellow guests, mastering selected levels and discovering little known hints to zap the pigs.
The opening of Angry Birds Space Encounter comes a few months before the Visitor Complex will celebrate the grand opening of the new $100 million home of Space Shuttle Atlantis June 29.