Food Friday Featuring: Simple Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is a great way to turn leftovers into a shining star meal. This North American classic is super quick to put together, and delicious every time. I like to keep it simple for fast lunch prep but sometimes I like to get creative and explore more interesting flavor combinations. The crunch from the celery, and the creamy, zesty dressing all piled on top of rye toast is the perfect lunch or afternoon snack. The beauty of this simple dish is that you can really make it your own.
- 1 cooked chicken breast chopped up
- Diced celery
- Diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 piece of rye bread
- Chop up cooked chicken breast.
- Dice the red bell pepper and celery.
- In a separate bowl mix the dressing. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon and salt and pepper all together and mix with a whisk until combined.
- Toast the rye bread and pile the salad on top.
- Finish with arugula.