Ridiculously delicious and super easy to make, these candied nuts make the perfect holiday snack or hostess gift. How beautiful would these be wrapped in a cellophane bag tied with colorful ribbon?
I was inspired to make this recipe when a friend brought a tray of these candied nuts to a brunch the other day. Sweet and salty wit a subtle hint of spice, they were a huge hit. When I inquired about about her flavor combination I was impressed to find out that the ingredients used were all things I usually keep on hand in the kitchen. A sophisticated snack, yet easy and fuss free – just perfect.
- 1 cup of whole roasted unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tamari or soya sauce
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine maple syrup, olive oil, tamari/soya sauce, and spices.
- Add almonds and coat well.
- Heat a skillet on med/high heat and add coated almonds.
- Cook almonds until the syrup “candies” becoming thick and sticky (about 6 minutes).
- Transfer to lined baking sheet to cool.