Carnival Cruise Lines Unveils More Details On Carnival Sunshine
Carnival Cruise Lines has released additional details on the $155 million makeover that will transform Carnival Destiny into Carnival Sunshine during a 49-day dry dock in Italy. Not only will the ship receive the line’s new Fun Ship 2.0 product enhancement program, it will also feature several new and exciting additions. Among the new highlights are a new racing-themed water park featuring Carnival’s longest water slide, the tropical-themed Havana Bar, a full-service Asian restaurant, and more.
Here’s a look at the unique features only available on Carnival Sunshine:
- WaterWorks – an all-new water park where the young – and the young at heart – can zip down five different slides and have a splash-tastic time with 40 different interactive water features, including a 300-gallon drenching bucket that will serve as the signature element of the SplashZone kids’ water play area. Here, guests can race to the finish on Carnival’s newest ride, Speedway Splash, with dual side-by-side 235-foot-long slides with racers’ times displayed on a scoreboard and special lighting effects that add to the adventure. When they’re not challenging each other to a race, fun-lovers can check out the enclosed 334-foot-long Twister slide – Carnival’s longest – featuring a crystal clear turn that extends out over the edge of the ship, offering dramatic views with each twist and turn.
- A New Asian Restaurant will feature an open kitchen, where guests can view the chew cook up Asian specialties.
- Shake Spot – a milkshake joint will offer classic milkshakes and floats, as well as tropical fruit shakes and “adult shakes and floats” made with Grand Marnier, Cointreau and other liqueurs, all available with a variety of fun toppings.
- JavaBlue Cafe will offer sweet and frothy cappuccinos, lattes, espressos and other caffeinated favorites, as well as coffees made with liqueurs, along with decadent confections such as extra-large cinnamon buns, giant cupcakes, and huge slices of red velvet cake while taking in breathtaking views of the sea.
- Pizzeria del Capitano – an expansion of the line’s popular Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant, is open concept. Guests can watch as chefs prepare five different kinds of authentic Italian-style, thin-crusted pies, from traditional Margherita and pepperoni to artisan-style quattro formaggio, mushroom, and prosciutto – all free of charge 24 hours a day and made in a traditional pizza oven which serves as the venue’s centerpiece.
Carnival Sunshine will also offer all of the exciting elements that make up the line’s $500 million Fun Ship 2.0 enhancement program.
These include delicious dining options like
- Guy’s Burger Joint
- Caribbean-themed RedFrog Pub; the poolside RedFrog Rum Bar
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar; EA SPORTS Bar, a partnership with the leading sports video game company
- Alchemy Bar, featuring a vintage cocktail “pharmacy” theme.
Top-deck amenities will include a spectacular three-level Serenity adults-only retreat – the largest in the Carnival fleet offering a pool, waterfall, a full bar, whirlpool, and, of course, magnificent sea views – as well as SportSquare featuring a ropes course, including an exciting new zip line feature, an array of deck and table games, a basketball court, jogging track, and a two-level miniature golf course.
Carnival fans who want to get a sneak peek at these and a variety of other fantastic features of the ship can visit www.carnival.com/sunshine, which showcases a number of interior and exterior renderings and details the ship’s inaugural European and Caribbean itineraries.