Food Friday Featuring: French Toast Cups
I’m always on the lookout for recipes that are quick, easy and cute. My girls are all about the ‘visual’ aspect of things and with tea parties reigning as one of their favorite things to do, finger foods are high on their love list. I saw these adorable French Toast Cups on the Food Network and had to share with you all.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. In a bowl whisk together the egg, egg white, milk, cinnamon and honey. Spray a non-stick muffin tin with calorie free vegetable spray. Carefully dip each slice of the bread into the egg milk mixture and press it into the muffin tin. Bake the bread for 12 minutes until crisp. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the ricotta cheese until smooth. Spoon equal amounts of the ricotta mixture into each of the bread cups, top with berries, sliced almonds and lastly drizzle maple syrup of the top.
Happy Food Friday!