Top 5 Family Vacation Spots That Are Perfect For An Early 2012 Summer Getaway
We are nearing the end of the school year (some of you have already ended early) and all I can do is daydream about sun, sand and the next jet plane out! Who’s with me? Since I’ve been mulling over this for the last couple of months, I thought I would share my list with you all. Aren’t I a giver ;).
1. Hawaii – We just visited this paradise island last year and I’m longing to go back. Hawaii vacations are on most people’s bucket lists and should remain so without ever being crossed off. My family and I took a trip to Maui, however I’ve been looking at these Oahu hotels and my bags are starting to pack themselves.
2. Bermuda - The weather is nearly perfect in Bermuda at this time of year. Known for their magnificent pink sand beaches, Bermuda is great for kids as the beaches do not allow topless, nude or semi-nudes whatsoever.
3. A Cruise – OK, so it isn’t technically a “vacation spot” more like a moving vacation spot. Cruises are great for families as they provide you with the opportunity to check out more than one destination at a time. As you know, Disney Cruise Lines is one of our absolute favorites and their new ship the Disney Fantasy is as luxurious as they get. For budget, I’ve heard Carnival Cruise Lines is a great option although I’ve never experienced their line first-hand.
4. Prince Edward Island – June is one of the best times to visit PEI or as others like to call it “The Gentle Island”. The weather is mild, fairly predictable and flights aren’t too expensive. If you have a vivacious reader, you are sure to please as this is also the home of Anne of Green Gables. Expect picturesque views, relaxation and a memorable getaway at this Canadian destination.
This photo of San Diego is courtesy of TripAdvisor
5. San Diego – San Diego has a reputation as being one of the best family destinations in the USA thanks to its great food, beaches and of course SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo.
Of course, there are plenty of others, but those are my current top 5 picks. Is there anywhere special that you would like to visit with your family this summer? Which destinations are on your ‘must-visit’ list? Would love to hear!
*This post is brought to you in part by Aqua Resorts.*