Gap Issues Casting Call For The Next Faces Of GapKids & babyGap

GapKids and babyGap have issued their sixth annual North American Casting Call contest, searching for the brightest babies (ages four and under) and kids (ages five to 12) to be the next ‘face’ of their brand.

This year, as part of the submission process, Gap is asking parents to upload a photo of their child as well as a brief description of how their child brightens up the world. Being “bright” can mean anything—from a simple smile that brings joy to someone’s day to a community service project that makes a difference.

How It Works

Entry Phase:

From April 2-22, 2012, parents can upload up to five photos of their baby (ages four and under) or kid (ages five to 12) and answer a brief question about how their child brightens up the world. Submissions are accepted at www.gap.com/castingcall, Gap’s Facebook page or via the Gap Casting Call app available for iPhone and Android.

After the entry phase closes, a panel of Gap judges will narrow down the field of submissions to 20 finalists—10 babies/toddlers (five girls and five boys) for babyGap and 10 kids (five girls and five boys) for GapKids. The 20 finalists will be flown to either New York or California to participate in an official photo shoot where they’ll wear iconic Gap pieces including 1969 denim. Each finalist will also receive a $500 Gap GiftCard.

Voting Phase:

On May 21, 2012, the 20 finalists will be unveiled and then it will be up to North America to decide the next faces of GapKids and babyGap. Voters can vote once a day every day through May 25, 2012 for one boy and one girl in the babyGap category and one boy and one girl in the GapKids category. The finalist in each category who receives the most votes will be named the winner of that category for a total of four winners. Voting takes place at www.gap.com/castingcall, Gap’s Facebook page or via the Gap Casting Call app for iPhone or Android.

Winner Phase:

Around July 30, 2012, the four winners will be unveiled at www.gap.com/castingcall and will be featured in a Gap marketing campaign. Each winner will receive a $1,000 Gap GiftCard as well as a $10,000 grant in their name from Gap to Communities In Schools, a non-profit that surrounds students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. Nationwide, Communities In Schools partners with nearly 3,000 public schools, assisting 1.25 million students and their families.

Source: GAP

22 Responses to "Gap Issues Casting Call For The Next Faces Of GapKids & babyGap"

1. donna moreno

April 2, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Please clarify the ages…my daughter is 12… but the design of the contest page does not let me entr her birthdate?

2. Cindy

April 3, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Couldn’t load pictures and also the age of the child, why is that?

3. Nadia Carriere

April 3, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I’m not sure. Another one of our readers was having a tough time as well. I’ve emailed GAP and asked if there may be a problem with their registration page.

4. Nadia Carriere

April 3, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Hi Donna! I clarified with GAP that yes your daughter would qualify as long as she is 12. There seems to be an issue with their registration page though as another one of our readers was having a tough time uploading photos and entering her child’s age. I’ve emailed GAP for further clarification.

5. Renee Ollerenshaw

April 7, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Hi there – I sent Gap a picture of my daughter on Tuesday morning, it’s now Saturday night and still have not recieved a message from Gap that she has been posted on the page. I keep looking in the Gallery just in case but no sign of her.

6. Shauna Taaffe

April 13, 2012 at 11:58 am

Hi Gap!
    When I was entering my daughter Amy into your contest, I pressed the “preview” button and it confirmed my entry. I just wanted to preview it as I wasn’t sure what MB size the photo was and wanted to check it before I sent it. How do I get it back OR change the photo?
    Thanks for your time,

7. Corinne

April 13, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Hi Nadia

When I uploaded my granddaughter’s picture, it came out sideways. Is there a way to correct this?

8. Katie

April 16, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Hi! I have three kids ages 2,5 and 7. I entered their pictures last Thursday night and on Fri morning my two youngest were accepted via emails and on the application on my phone but my 7 year old has not been. It says submitted under her name. Do they screen them before putting them on the page? I’m just wondering how the two were picked so quickly but not the oldest. When I put my email address in only their pictures come up. Thanks!!!

9. April Finn

April 17, 2012 at 10:31 am

It has been almost a week since I first submitted a picture of my son Colin.
    There has been no sign of a picture.
    I went back in and did it several days ago and still nothing.
    Please advise.
    April Finn

10. Nadia Carriere

April 17, 2012 at 10:54 am

Hi April! I’m sorry for your trouble. Best thing to do is email gapcastingcall@eprizefulfillment.com for clarification. Thanks!

11. Nadia Carriere

April 17, 2012 at 10:59 am

Hi Katie! I’m sorry for your trouble. Best thing to do is email gapcastingcall@eprizefulfillment.com for clarification. Thanks!

12. Katie

April 17, 2012 at 11:11 am

Thanks Nadia! I just emailed them. I’ll let you know if they respond :)

13. Katie

April 18, 2012 at 8:17 am

I have not received a response yet. Do they screen the pictures before they accept them? I saw something online tht said thy receive over a million pictures and this far only around 17k have been “accepted”. Could that be it?

14. Damy

April 19, 2012 at 9:41 am

I too have sumitted photos with no response. I emailed gapcastingcall@eprizefulfillment.com , hopefully they will get back to me.

15. Katie

April 19, 2012 at 10:44 am

They have not responded to me yet. I’ll take it as a loss for that one picture. They accepted my other two kids. It’s a long shot anyway! I just looked and they have accepted upwards of 18,300 pictures so far out of many more then were submitted. They have to be screening and weeding out pictures before they officially accept them otherwise there would be many more on there!

16. Yana

April 19, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I too have submitted photos with no response. No response from FAQ question form or gapcastingcall@eprizefulfillment.com either :(

17. marcia

April 19, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I have also submitted 4 pics of my son last week. Emailed three times asking for a response after the 72 period and nothing. Hard to know what, if anything, has really been submitted.
    Nadia, if you have a connection to them, can you find out whether or not those who do not find themselves in the search are truly submitted?
    Time is running out and since you’re limited to five entries it’s hard to know whether the first four counted, and whether or not I should re-enter.

18. Jennyb

April 20, 2012 at 8:36 am

I am in the same boat. I submitted my daughters picture 4 days ago. I don’t know if I should resubmit or keep waiting. I am kind of freaking out being the deadline is quickly approaching. I emailed them and still no response. Nadia any advice in this

19. toni

April 20, 2012 at 10:21 am

I submitted a picture of my daughter Jordan, two pics actually,, and recieved an email confirmation after a few days that her pic had been accepted. When I clicked on the link they gave me to view her pic nothing came up. “no entries found” so I’ve been tweeting back and forth with gap.ca or whatever and they suggested i delete my cache and restart my browser, which I did, and still nothing. So now what?? It’d be unfair for these kids to miss out on the chance and there’s only two days left to enter.

20. Rose

April 21, 2012 at 12:30 am

My husband and I are having the same problem with the gap casting contest . We don’t understand what’s going on?We have submitted her picture twice with a confirmation and no response. We thought everyone was accepted,screened, and posted. My husband e mailed that gap casting website. I hope we have a response. Does anyone have any more information about this? It’s so annoying!

21. Georgia

April 21, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I wasn’t able to upload more pictures. How do I do this after the fact?

22. Katie

April 21, 2012 at 7:43 pm

So how odd I this? I submitted the pict of my three kids, they accepted my 2 youngest but not my oldest. I submitted two other pictures of my oldest at other times after Gap did not respond. I looked up my email today and they accepted all three of my oldest! So odd!!!!!