Food Friday Featuring: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip (Healthy Believe It Or Not!)
When I came across a recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough dip, I was immediately intrigued. I had tried chocolate chip cookie dough truffles in the past, so I assumed that these would be similar. I was wrong. Very wrong. This recipe, and a few others I discovered, was actually a sweet version of hummus! (Shhhh, don’t tell!)
I decided to test it out and make a batch for my boys, and they gobbled it up! So I tweaked the recipe a bit and have come up with a recipe sure to fool even the most picky of eaters. Please let us know how your little ones do with it!
Happy Food Friday!
1 can of chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
1/3 cup of apple juice
1/3 cup of ground flax
1/4-1/3 cup of honey
2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1/3-1/2 cup of peanut butter or other nut butter
1. Drain & RINSE chickpeas. Add to food processor and puree
2. Add remaining ingredients, stopping processor and pushing down sides when needed
3. Remove from food processor when smooth and add chocolate chips
4. Serve with sliced apples, graham crackers or anything else you would like!
(Serves 4-8 people for a snack)
– Add cinnamon, raisins, and oats to make “Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough”
– Use white beans for a smoother consistency and milder taste (use less juice)
– replace juice with milk
– replace honey with maple syrup
– serve immediately after cooling. Taste of beans is more prominent after time.