Camp Fashion Design Launches In New York City ~ Bootcamp For Girls
It was announced yesterday, that Camp Fashion Design will be launching in New York for its first summer, in July 2012. This camp is a four day boot camp that will introduce girls ages 12-18 to the world of fashion design through a series of challenges, workshops and field trips in the fashion capital of the world, NYC!
Camp Fashion Design is owned by Modeling Camp™ owner, Heather Cole, and managed by ‘Project Runway’ winner, Lisa Nargi. Featuring exciting activities throughout the day, Camp Fashion Design will be held July 10-13 and again July 31-August 3, at the NY Helmsley.
Some of the activities that girls can look forward to include:
- Meeting with reps from top NYC fashion schools: Both ‘Fashion Institute of Technology’ and ‘Parsons The New School For Design’ will visit and explain what it takes to start a career in fashion and what fashion schools look for in applicants.
- Learn about designing, sketching, fabric, fashion shows and more.
- Through a series of creative challenges, campers create their own clothing line!
- Meet ‘Project Runway’s’ Lisa Nargi and other stars from the hit show!
- Visit Mood Fabrics, NY’s largest fabric store and M&J Trim Store.
- Attend a casting for fashion week for camp alumni, fashion designer, Jude Drakeford.
- Visit showrooms and learn how they work.
- Tour the Garment District, fashion walk of fame, ‘Project Runway’ sites and see where legendary designers work.
- Meet fashion designers.
- Closing with a Fashion Show presentation for friends and family
Camp Fashion Design costs $999 which includes the four days, lunch, supplies, field trips and a camp t-shirt. There is a one day add on option of Photo Shoot Camp NYC where girls can have their own photo shoot!
To learn more about Camp Fashion Design, please visit www.campfashiondesign.com or call 888-757-5575.