09
Dec

Oscar de la Renta Announces Plans To Launch Kids’ Fashion Line

Remember the limited edition dress line, Oscar de la Renta released last year? It did so well, that the designer has decided to develop an in-house children’s wear collection. This will be a first in Oscar de la Renta’s 45-year career!

Catherine Monteiro de Barros, the founder and designer of Lisbon-based luxury children’s brand Papo d’Anjo has been brought on board as the vice president of design for the new collection. She actually closed her own line last week after 17 years in the business.

According to WWD:

“There will be a collection for girls between the ages of 18 months and 14 years old, as well as one for boys in the same age range. There will be a capsule collection for spring-summer available at Bergdorf Goodman, Harrods and Oscar de la Renta boutiques. The first full line will be unveiled for fall-winter through the designer’s Web site, as well as his freestanding stores and select luxury retailers.”

Monteiro de Barros says her designs for youngsters tend to appeal to “mothers who are interested in quality and style but who also want their children to look like children.

In order to cultivate the new line, de Barros says they will be counting on at-home trunk shows, a tactic that launched in the early 90’s.

We. Can’t. Wait!

Source: WWD

A mom to two girls and a baby boy, a writer and the publisher of Child Mode. As a lover of style and fashion, Nadia found her ‘niche’ and love of children’s clothing while searching for quality items for her family.

   

Share this post!

3 Responses to "Oscar de la Renta Announces Plans To Launch Kids’ Fashion Line"

Add Comment
  1. Liz Good

    January 13, 2012 at 2:11 pm

    Unfortunately Catherine Monteiro de Barros has left 4 million euros owing in Portugal, where she started the company, including 400,000 euros owed to 30 employees. It seems a bit unfair that she just shuts the door and starts over at Oscar de la Renta.

    http://economia.publico.pt/Noticia/marca-portuguesa-que-chegou-aos-emmy-fecha-portas-e-deixa-quatro-milhoes-por-pagar-1528936#

  2. carmichael

    January 24, 2012 at 10:24 pm

    The late, high end children’s clothing came to an end December 2011 and ended with liberty prints, tafetta dresses and boys linen pants flying off the shelves in greed. The owner, hosted a warehouse sale to liquidate her inventory and pocket all profits. News just surfaced that she will be starting with a polished gold plate working for Oscar de la Renta. Little does he probably know, the amount of money she owes her former clients. Will these clients purchase from her again, if they are still due a credit from a previous papo season? Can papo customers contact oscar de la Renta customer service,to request a credit on merchandise returned in 2010 to papo d’ Anjo? Are you due credit from papo? If so, will you purchase from her in the future knowing that your stolen monies was used to lure Oscar with a collection you funded?

  3. carmichael

    January 24, 2012 at 10:25 pm

    What a joke.

Submit a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

COPYRIGHT 2013 CHILD MODE // SITE BY GIESE MEDIA