I can’t say I’ve ever thought of Las Vegas as a suitable winter or holiday getaway – especially for families – but The Venetian and The Palazzo seem to be changing that with a new celebration which kicks off next week! Winter in Venice is a 49 day celebration of holiday festivities on the Las Vegas Strip and there is plenty of fun and exciting events and activities suitable for the entire family.
The fantastic festivities will kick off with an enchanted ice skating rink above The Venetian’s outdoor Grand Canal (yes a skating rink in Vegas!). The synthetic ice rink is made from a recyclable polymer, requiring no refrigeration or electricity making for an environmentally friendly skate.
The Canal will be surrounded by snowflakes, holiday lights and a 65 foot LED holiday tree sitting on top of the Doge’s Palace fountain. Not into skating? Guests are sure to be entertained day in and out with strolling candy cane stilt walkers, puppeteers, jugglers and magicians. Strolling Carolers and gondoliers singing holiday classics, festive music throughout the resorts and the joyful winter decor is sure to put you in the holiday spirit.
Every night, The Venetian’s Doge’s Palace will be hosting a holiday and light show during the “Nightly Holiday Spectacular’. Holiday themed menus will be found throughout the hotel as well as some delicious holiday-inspired spiced cocktails for the parents.
During this event, The Palazzo is offering a special Prestige Family Suite Package during the event. Prestige is located on the 23rd floor and offers a non-gaming concierge level with a 12,000 square foot lounge offering guests with a private check in, daily newspaper delivery, deluxe continental breakfasts, cocktail hours and more. Non-gaming area? Sounds perfect!
Families who purchase the 2 night Prestige package during Winter in Venice will be staying in a Luxury or Bella Suite on The Palazzo’s Prestige floor. The package includes;
- One nightly Elf Tuck-in with traditional milk and cookie delivery
- One specialized Winter in Venice bath drawn by a bath butler
- Nightly showings of famed holiday movies on the 23rd floor Prestige Concierge Lounge ( Movie showings include: “The Santa Clause,” “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas,” “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” “Home Alone,” “The Muppet Christmas Carol,” “Miracle on 34th Street” and “Polar Express”)
- Holiday story readings and photo opportunities in Prestige Lounge with Santa Clause (Story readings include: “The Kingfisher Book of Classic Christmas Stories,” “The Greatest Christmas Stories of All Time: Timeless Christmas Classics That Celebrate the Season,” “The Hanukkah Mice” and “A Hanukkah Treasury”)
- Two complimentary 30-minute ice skating sessions (including ice skate rental)
- Two seasonal Winter in Venice hot chocolates at The Venetian’s Café Presse
- $40 off a Winter in Venice service at Canyon Ranch SpaClub
- An exclusive Shopping Passaporto and signature gift provided by The Grand Canal Shoppes and The Shoppes at The Palazzo
- 20% off at The Venetian’s famed Italian restaurants, Valentino or The Grill at Valentino (does not include alcohol)
Dang it, I think I want to take the next plane to Vegas. It wouldn’t be the first time we took the kids ;).
Winter in Venice will run from Nov. 21 to Jan. 8, 2012. For more information on Winter in Venice or this exclusive suite package, please visit venetian.com or palazzo.com.