Food Friday Featuring: French Toast Kebabs
The third largest hotel management company in the U.S., Destination Hotels and Resorts, launched their national “Kids Eat Healthy” campaign last week in hopes to encourage families and kids to eat healthy while at home as well as during their travels. Parent and kids can get healthy tips and recipes by visiting the company’s new website.
Several of the head chefs from the resorts have come up with some delicious (and healthy) recipes and menus some of which even cater to those with allergies and food sensitivities. Over the next few weeks we will be featuring one of these recipes during our Food Friday Feature!
- Wheat Bread or Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Cinnamon (only needed for the Wheat Bread )
- Vanilla extract
- Maple Syrup for Dipping
1. Beat together egg, milk, desired spices and vanilla.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle of skillet over medium-high flame.
3. Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden.
4. Cut Fruit and French toast into medium sized pieces and place on a kabob stick alternating fruit &French toast.
**For the bread you can use whole wheat and also use different types of fruit or what is in season.