Food Friday Featuring: Fruit On The Bottom Tapioca
I made this recipe last week and what a winner it was! Dairy-free, the perfect amount of sweetness and healthy to boot!
A big thank you to Weelicious for sharing this delicious treat with us and our readers! I can guarantee a second batch is sure to be made over the weekend ;).
Fruit on the Bottom Tapioca (Serves 4)
- 1 Cup Strawberries, stemmed and chopped fine
- 1 13 oz Can Unsweetened Coconut Milk, about 1 3/4 cups
- 3/4 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Tapioca (not quick cooking)
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
1. Bring the coconut milk, water and tapioca to a boil.
2. Reduce to a low simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the sugar and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Divide the chopped strawberries between 4 glass cups and pour tapioca over the strawberries.
5. Chill for one hour and serve.