Fourth Of July Recipes: Fun & Delicious Treats For July 4th
Fourth of July is upon us and no-doubt our American friends are getting ready for the big celebration by firing up their grills, baking pies and getting their backyards prepped for a ton of fun. In celebration of Independence Day, I wanted to put some Family Friendly recipes and wickedly cool food ideas together instead of our usual Food Feature.
Instead of the usual 4th of July recipes, here are some sweet ideas that are sure to get your guests oohing and ahhing. The bonus – they are SUCH fun for kids. In fact, some of these ideas could double up as Independence Day activities.
From Patriotic Lasagne to Red, White and Blue Desserts, we’ve rounded up the coolest ideas and sweetest treats sure to make your Fourth of July a memorable one.
- Red, White and Blue Cake Bombs are my all-time favourite. Complete with their own little fuses, these are nothing short of genius. – Momfluential
- Fourth of July & Canada Day Blackberry & Strawberry Lemon Cakes – Tasty Kitchen
- Red, White and Blue Pops for the festive day – Lil Sugar
- Red, White and Blue Watermelon Tart – Babble
Entrees and Snacks
- Scallion Fireworks – Family Fun
- Patriotic Chips and Salsa – Babble
- Savory Summer Caprese Pie – Savoring The Thyme
- Patriotic Lasagne – Family Fun
- Fireworks Crudites With Parmesan Dip – Family Fun
- Strawberry Sangria is ideal for the mamas and papas 😉 – Skimbaco Food
- Minty Watermelon Soda Floats – Tasty Kitchen
- Raspberry Iced Tea Punch – Food Network
- Honeydew Granita Spritzer – Martha Stewart
So what do you think, will you be trying out any of these with your kids over the weekend? What are your go-to holiday recipes?
Photo credit: Momfluential