Canada Day: Activities, Food & Fun Ideas For Canada’s 144th Birthday
Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends! Today marks Canada’s 150th birthday and while we will be celebrating with family and friends, we wanted to provide everyone with a list of information, activities and fun ideas for families who are looking for ways to make the most of the holiday weekend.
I don’t want to overload you with a ton of different options, so I’ve just put together my Top 3 picks.
First off – Food
A holiday isn’t complete without good grub and the most popular of course is traditional barbecued fare. I won’t get into the specifics of that as mostly everyone knows how to turn on a grill, but I have put together some of my favorite foodie links of the week that will have you salivating. Quick, easy and perfect for the holiday!
- How beautiful are these Strawberry Maple Leaf Cheesecake Tarts? Strawberries are in season and picking has begun so these are just perfect!
- Momfluential’s ‘No Melt Ice Cream Cones‘ are beyond brilliant and sure to give your kids one heck of a thrill. Smart!
- Messy Cheesy BBQ Portobello Burgers – yum. Nuff said!
- Savoring the Thyme has invented the most ingenious idea for families ‘The Beach Picnic In a Jar‘.
- Head over to Traveling Mom for a list of events going on in Toronto. Free fireworks, live entertainment, children’s activities and so much more!
- TLC has a great list of Canada Day Family Activities, all of which are geared towards children.
Heading to the Beach?
I don’t know of anyone who isn’t heading to the beach this weekend! Luckily we have a few ‘must-reads’ for those of you indulging in a little fun in the sun over the weekend.
- First off, don’t forget to check our list of Top Eco-Friendly Toys. There are quite a few great picks here (all environmentally friendly).
- Momfluential’s 5 Fourth Of July Beach Day Essentials may surprise you! Baby powder to remove sand? How smart is that?
- And for the pregnant mamas – 7 Maternity Must-Haves for a Beach Vacation.