Grandparents Getaway Tour ~ New From Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square
We feature Family Travel quite frequently, focusing on Family Vacations and outings for parents and their kids, but what about grandparents? Multi-generational travel is becoming more and more common these days, which is why Fairmont Heritage Place located at Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco, has introduced their Grandparents Getaway.
Available to guests June 25 to September 6, 2011, Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square offers a first-of-its-kind Grandparents Getaway package, a unique opportunity for families to share lasting memories in one of the world’s most sought-after destinations with customized tours for exploring the city and San Francisco waterfront.
- Nature walks or bike rides on the Bay along beautifully restored Crissy Field to the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge and Fort Point in a Fairmont-provided stroller
- Guided tours of the historic USS Pampanito submarine
- Special admission to The Exploratorium and Bay Area Discovery Museum
- Visits to landmarks like Fisherman’s Wharf
- Free sundaes for kids at the world renowned Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop
Insider access to kid-friendly merchants in Ghirardelli Square are also featured including:
- Peekadoodle Kidsclub, Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop for sundaes
- Crown & Crumpet for tea
- Lola of North Beach for kids gifts
- Dinner at one of several recommended restaurants within walking distance of Fairmont Heritage Place
As you can imagine, by the end of the tour, Grandparents and children alike will be tuckered out and ready to snuggle into bed with a movie from Fairmont Heritage Place’s selection of more than 1000 films, including all the latest releases.
For more information, please visit Fairmont Ghirardelli.