Family Travel is in full swing and Spring Break just around the corner! According to author and Family Travel expert, Matthew Rosenberger, domestic family travel will increase this year as the economy continues to show improvement. I would have to agree and say that I’ve noticed a big difference myself compared to last year. Many of the all-inclusive resorts are full during the months that they were only at 50% occupancy last year.
If you are stumped as to where to take your family this year, ABC City Guides for Kids has just released their Top 7 Family Destination picks:
1. Denver, CO – Tour the US Mint and Hammonds Candies. 16th Street is kid friendly then head to Red Rocks. For burgers, and a billiards lesson from “Viper”, visit Wynkoop Brewing Company then catch a Rockies game.
2. Lancaster, PA – Kitchen Kettle’s Rhubarb Festival is in May. Central Market and Barnstormers baseball is pure Lancaster. In Lititz, eat Wilbur Buds (born before Hershey’s Kisses) and pretzels from Julius Sturgis. Kids under 10 will love the Hands-On-House and Dutch Wonderland.
3. San Antonio, TX – See the IMAX Alamo show then visit the real thing. North Star Mall has the world’s largest cowboy boots and Lulu’s serves a 3 pound cinnamon bun. At Pearl eat at La Gloria and visit the gourmet food trucks at Broadway on Bulverde. Book the family suite at Hotel Indigo Riverwalk.
4. St. Louis, MO – Ride a pod 630 feet to the top of the Arch. Visit Forest Park then picnic at Turtle Playground. The Hill has top-notch Italian restaurants and bakeries. Ted Drewes serves custard so thick it’s handed to you upside down!
5. Miami, FL – Visit Monkey Jungle and Coral Castle on the Redland Trail. Enjoy Big Pink restaurant in South Beach, then head to the beach. The Colonnade Westin Coral Gables is close to the Venetian Pool and Ortanique restaurant.
6. Nashville, TN – Music and fried pickles at the Wildhorse! Visits to the Grand Ole Opry and Country Music Hall of Fame are mandatory. For beauty – Cheekwood and Frist rule. Drive to Loveless Cafe for biscuits and Pancake Pantry for pancakes.
7. Orlando, FL – Visit the off beat attractions of I-Drive (Wonder Works, Wet N Wild, Ripleys) and Gatorland. Loch Haven Park has first class cultural attractions. Chow in Downtown Disney.
Source: ABC City Guides