Disney Store Announces Plans To Open Additional Interactive Stores Across North America and Europe
The Disney Store has revealed plans to bring their new innovative concept store to additional North American and international locations. After huge success of their interactive stores that were opened in 2010, Disney Store is now on target to add an additional 25 new and remodeled locations in 2011, with a goal to ultimately transform all 350+ stores around the world.
“Guests told us that we brought the magic back to Disney Store with the launch of our new design and responded by staying in the stores longer and purchasing more,” said Jim Fielding, president of Disney Stores Worldwide. “The future of Disney Store is brighter than ever as we expand our reach by opening in new markets, leverage the latest technology to enhance the guest experience and improve efficiency, showcase incredible new Disney content, and bring a magical Disney experience to local communities everywhere.”
Yesterday (November 11) at the National Retail Federation’s “Big Show” in New York City, Disney Store announced the first 11 North American and 10 European locations (additional plans will be revealed later this year).
- The newly designed Disney Store in Georgia will be opening in Atlanta’s Perimeter Mall.
- Two Disney Store locations will be celebrating their opening in Washington at Seattle’s Westfield Southcenter mall and at Bellevue Square.
- The second largest mall in the USA, Mall of America in Minnesota, will open its first ever Disney Store
- Puerto Rico will have its very taste of Disney, when the new store opens at Plaza Las Americas this summer
- Get excited Canada, because the first newly designed Disney Store will be opening in the Square One Mall in Mississauga and Metropolis in Vancouver, British Columbia will also open an inaugural store!
- Additionally four remodeled stores are set to open in Westfield in Culver City, CA; Palisades shopping center in West Nyack, NY; Chandler Fashion Center in Arizona, and Northstar mall in San Antonio, Texas.
- Copenhagen, Denmark will have the first Disney Store in Scandinavia
- Antwerp in Belgium
- A new location on the busy shopping district – Oxford Street in London – is expected to be a top attraction for both tourists and local guests
- Bromley and Nottingham in the UK, Lyon in France, and Naples in Italy will be remodeled to the new design
- Two Spanish locations, Cadiz in the Southwest and Las Arenas on Gran Canaria, one of the Canary Islands, will also be remodeled locations.
For more information or to locate your closest Disney store, visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocator.