Adventures by Disney Takes Families To Ancient Egypt For 2011 and Teams Up With Disney Cruise Line
For 2011, Adventures by Disney will be taking guests on an exciting trip to the historic sites of ancient Egypt including the Great Pyramid of Giza, the Valley of the Kings and a Nile River cruise. Highlights of the 10 day/9 night trip will include:
- Taking a camel ride past the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx in Giza.
- Spending 3 nights in Cairo, where you will join an Egyptologist for a privately guided tour of the phenomenal treasures from King Tutankhamen’s tomb in the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, visit Citadel of Salah Al-Din and the Mosque of Muhammad Ali and stroll through old Cairo’s bustling Khan Khalili marketplace.
- Three-Night Nile Cruise aboard the M/S Tulip
- Discover the Ancient Temples of the Nile and tour the infamous Philae, Kom Ombo, Edfu, Karnak and Luxor.
Explore the tombs of Ramses VI and King Tut in the Valley of the Kings.
- Spend two nights at the Red Sea Resort of Sharm el Sheikh.
- Take an exclusive snorkeling expedition to Ras Mohammed Underwater National Park and more!
Another exciting piece of travel news form Disney: award-winning travel companies Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise Line have teamed up for select Disney cruise vacations in 2011, offering an upgrade option that can be booked ahead of time. These privately-guided tour packages will be available in Mediterranean or Alaskan ports of call or as a pre-cruise adventure at the port of embarkation. These packages are designed to allow guests to further explore the culture and history of their specific destination.
The Vancouver Escape is a 4-day/3-night vacation that takes place prior to the Disney Cruise Line itinerary to Alaska. Guests enjoy breakfast “Under the Sea” at Vancouver Aquarium as beluga whales swim nearby followed by a tour of the Marine Science Center. Starting from the Aquarium, guests receive a guided tour of Stanley Park, including a visit to the famed totem poles. Families hop a gondola to the top of Grouse Mountain to visit the resident bears and wolves of the Refuge for Endangered Wildlife and take a ride on the Mountain Zipline – all before boarding the Disney Wonder for a seven-night voyage to Alaska.
On the 4-day/3-night Barcelona Escape, guests will explore the Sagrada Familia Cathedral, Antoni Gaudi’s unfinished masterpiece and the landscape architecture of Parque Guell. Junior Adventurers are treated to an exclusive archeological experience and mountain hike and even transition back in time as they visit Pueblo Espanol followed by a flamenco farewell. Guests then board the Disney Magic, where they will enjoy unrivaled onboard entertainment and hassle-free travel as they explore the Mediterranean.
For more information or to book these unique vacations, contact a Disney Cruise Line reservation agent at 888/272-0571.