Disney Parks 2010 Christmas Day Parade: The Exciting Line-up, Air Times & More
Expect a huge fabulous line-up of entertainment for the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, set to air tomorrow. Disney Parks has pulled out all the (silver) bells and whistles for this TV special! Performances will five-time GRAMMY® Award-winning artist Mariah Carey, country music chart-topper Darius Rucker, “Glee” star Amber Riley, Disney Channel stars Selena Gomez and Debby Ryan, young soprano star Jackie Evancho, “American Idol” Lee DeWyze, swing band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, stars from ABC-TV’s “Dancing with the Stars” and R&B sensation Sean Kingston.
In addition to the parade fun, expert travel correspondent Samantha Brown will give viewers a taste of what’s coming soon around the globe. Checking in from Papenburg, Germany, Samantha will provide an exclusive preview of the Disney Dream, the newest Disney Cruise Line ship launching January 2011 from Port Canaveral, Fla. She will also will give viewers a taste of the all-new Disney Destination, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai’i. The new resort opens Aug. 29, 2011.
The parade will be led by Ryan Seacrest, the show’s host at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and Nick Cannon hosts from Disneyland Resort in California.
Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck and Goofy take to Main Street, U.S.A. to celebrate this special time of year and invite the entire Disney character family, Gingerbread Men, Toy Soldiers and prancing reindeer to join in the fun.
Also joining in the festivities:
(Please note: all characters/floats subject to change)
- Making his “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” debut, Duffy the Disney Bear joins his new pals for the holiday special. Duffy, the newest character at Disney Parks, is Mickey Mouse’s very own teddy bear.
- Silly stepbrothers Phineas and Ferb, from the popular Disney Channel animated series, pack the parade with their playful antics.
- Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater, from the Disney•Pixar hit film “Cars,” and Woody and Jessie, from the Disney•Pixar trio of “Toy Story” films, spread a revved-up toybox of holiday magic along the parade route.
- Even the dark side can’t resist the spirit of the season as Darth Vader and his legion of Stormtroopers from the Star Wars film saga march down Main Street, U.S.A. Their first-time appearance in Magic Kingdom is in celebration of the new Star Tours 3-D attraction, coming soon to Disney parks. The “reimagined” Star Tours attraction will open at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in 2011.
- Disney princesses Jasmine, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty andBelle share a royal holiday with guests along the parade route.
- The famous Disney Parks Toy Soldiers,lead the way during “The Toyland March.” The brightly colored toys will be joined by the very merry Gingerbread Men.
- Wrapping up the TV special, the one-and-only Santa Claus, along with his regal reindeer, glide down Main Street, U.S.A. to spread the message of giving and joy this holiday season.
What Time Does It Air?
The show is scheduled to air at the following times:
Eastern Time Zone: Noon – 2 p.m.
Central Time Zone: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Mountain Time Zone: 10 a.m. – noon
Pacific Time Zone: 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Los Angeles: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.