Walt Disney World Resort is introducing a new, exciting adventure at the popular Animal Kingdom for 2011 – The Wild Africa Trek. The trek will be offered several times daily in small groups of no more than 12 people.
This unique wildlife experience will bring people into the deepest, most remote regions of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, where menacing-looking crocs, pools of hippos, bushwalks and other thrills await. As part of the adventure, guests will clip onto a lifeline as they step to the very edge of a cliff to get amazingly close to the hippos and crocs waiting just below. Talk about cliff-hangers!
Highlights of what’s in store for guests on this add-on adventure:
- Trekking with experienced guides through areas of Harambe Wildlife Reserve that aren’t explored during regular Disney’s Animal Kingdom experiences.
- Navigating through fern and vine forests on a bushwalk that sets a course for adventure.
- Clipping into a harness attached to a safety line, crossing a seemingly precarious rope bridge over the Safi River and cliff-hanging at the edge of gullies that are home to hippos and crocodiles.
- Experiencing the thrill of “over-landing” in customized open-air vehicles following the edge of a magnificent, wide-open savanna.
- Unwinding from an unforgettable adventure at a private safari camp for wildlife viewing. At this station elevated above the savanna, guests savor sample tastes of Africa as their adventure draws to a relaxing and satisfying close.
Park admission is required for participants. for the three-hour, expert-led adventure that will immerse guests in the realms and wildlife thrills of far-off Africa – without leaving Walt Disney World Resort.
Reservations for Wild Africa Trek can be arranged by calling 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687). Pricing for this unique adventure will vary seasonally. Guests who reserve a booking from Jan. 16-Feb. 26, 2011, may take advantage of an introductory offer starting at $129.