Yesterday Jennie Garth and the American Association of Orthodontists put on a back-to-school fashion show in New York City, featuring the latest and greatest in children’s fashions, accessories, and must have items of the season.
During the show, celebrity-stylist Melis Kuris styled the looks of over a dozen local orthodontic patients, who modelled the latest in affordable teen fashion. She also provided us with some back-to-school fashion tips for kids!
Here are some back to school style tips from celebrity stylist, Melis Kuris:
- Express yourself smile: Beautiful, healthy smiles are the must-have accessories of the season. Braces are far from a fashion faux pas; the self-confidence students gain through orthodontic treatment is something they will never grow out of. And with band colors and bracket options to match any style, braces can also be a form of self expression.
- T-shirts are a basic for every wardrobe. They are the quintessential for layering and can be used as a personal canvas, displaying graphic art, patterns or funny sayings… Students can be creative with their tee styles and, if inspired, even design their own prints.
- Transform spring and summer styles. Take that sun dress or skirt and add a pair of leggings for a new look that’s fall-tastic.
- For girls, skinny pants and long tunic tops make the grade. Once the weather turns a bit colder, swap out the tunic top for a sweater dress – stylish and classroom cozy.
- Don’t forget your feet. Flats and graphic sneakers will be gracing the halls this fall. Express personal style through dramatic, bold patterns. Graphics aren’t just for tees anymore.
- Allowing students to express themselves through fashion gives them the freedom to choose and display their individual personalities… even if it means rocking faux fur or elaborate accessories. When it comes to fashion, confidence is key.
Photo Credit: Jennie Garth and Style ‘N Smile