Review: Peter Rabbit’s Eco-Friendly Toys, Books & Toiletries

I grew up on Beatrix Potter’s classic tales. My grandmother bought me the little hardcover books when I was just a toddler and they have been a treasure for me every since.  Since the early 1900’s Peter Rabbit has become an iconic tale for us, our kids and children around the world!

To celebrate Spring, we tested out some of the eco-friendly Peter Rabbit products such as: organic toiletries by EcoNatura, soft toys by Kids Preferred, and new editions by Frederick Warne.

The Tale of Peter Rabbit Special Edition Classic Book ($6.99) features a new cover design which is printed directly onto the board of the book and unlike the older editions, this one is published without a dust jacket (the first part of a book that usually gets destroyed by little ones). The new book is actually eco-friendly as it has been printed on paper from FSC accredited sources and uses vegetable-based inks.

The mini Rattle Sticks come in either Peter Rabbit or Jemima Puddle-duck versions and measure 5 inches from top to bottom. Because of the small size, these are perfect for little babies to hold! Each rattle is phthalate-free and is made from 100% certified organic cotton and eco-friendly materials. The packaging is PVC-free, produced in socially responsible factories.

My favorite products from their eco-friendly line are the Peter RabbitTM Organic Toiletries (for children of all ages & sensitive adults). These products are made from the highest quality USDA/ NOP Certified organic juices, oils, and extracts. Everything has been formulated in their own US Certified organic facility and are estrogenic activity-free.

The Spring Garden Shampoo and Body Wash (8 oz./ $9.99) smells light and lemony with a hint of grapefruit. It is very delicate and has especially been formulated for babies with sensitive, irritated skin or cradle cap. The tear-free formula uses plant derived, natural suds to baby’s hair and skin clean, fresh and healthy, without any artificial or “perfumey” scent.

The Spring Garden Intense Therapy Cream for Baby ($11.99), is made from certified organic active healing New Zealand manuka beeswax, blended with organic botanicals and oils. The formula is very effective on chafed, flakey, irritated and sensitive skin and helps to protect and soothe. Certified organic ingredients make up 98.3% of this product and the remaining 1.7% is natural derived. This is quite rich and is EXCELLENT on dry patches and a little goes a long way! It smells like a lemony, honey cheesecake with a hint of beeswax :). Love the scent!

All of these products really bring the world of Beatrix Potter to life with the natural ingredients and light scents. You can purchase each item separately directly through PeterRabbit.com you can buy them bundled in cute gift baskets.

*Company sent us the products above to facilitate this review. *

A mom to two girls and a baby boy, a writer and the publisher of Child Mode. As a lover of style and fashion, Nadia found her ‘niche’ and love of children’s clothing while searching for quality items for her family.


Share this post!

Submit a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>