Food Friday Featuring Baked Carrot Snack Sticks
Our Food Friday Feature today comes courtesy of Weelicious.com . This simple recipe puts carrots to use in a whole new way!
Coming up with recipes that will appeal to the whole family is not always easy — especially when it comes to adding vegetables, because kids can be very particular about which vegetables they’ll eat (so can adults, for that matter). You can’t please all the people all the time, but carrots are one vegetable I find most people enjoy. That’s good news since carrots are not only delicious, but they’re also a powerhouse of nutrition, containing a high concentration of beta carotene (a substance that converts to Vitamin A in the body) and are a good source of dietary fiber, Vitamins C and K.
I’ve made these Carrot Snack Sticks for our family and friends several times and they tend to go missing as soon as they come out of the oven. They’re crunchy like a cracker and have a rich, sweet flavor. Even people who turn their noses up at veggies will ask for seconds of this yummy snack treat — and you’ll barely spend any time in the kitchen making them!
Carrot Snack Sticks (Makes about 30)
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Carrot, finely shredded and thin
2 Tbsp Oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine the first four ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Using your hands, add the carrots to the flour mixture coating the carrot pieces with flour.
4. Add the oil and work with your hands to bring the dough together.
5. Form the carrot parmesan dough into a flat rectangular disk and allow to rest for 1-2 minutes then roll out 1/2 inch thick.
6. Using a knife, cut the dough into sticks, 2 inches long by 1/4 inch wide.
7. Bake on a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet for 15-17 minutes.
8. Cool and serve.
** Recipe can be doubled**