Take A Peak At The New LEGOLAND Water Park!
LEGOLAND® opened the gates to the world’s first LEGO® themed Water Park last week (May 28). The $12 million dollar design of this 5.5 acre Water Park began over 18 months ago and has since became the largest expansion in the history of LEGOLAND California. Dedicated to stimulating interactivity, imagination and fun, this water park is geared specifically for families with children ages 2 to 12.
Just before the grand opening, 50 foster children from Camp Connect were invited to enjoy the Water Park all to themselves as they spent time with siblings who they have been separated from due to their placement in the foster care system. Camp Connect is a program provided in partnership with Promises 2 Kids, United Way and Health and Human Services.
“These are children who can’t live at home because they’re in danger, they’re abused or neglected … they’re placed separately because there is no way to place them together,” said Susan Golding , CEO and President of Promises 2 Kids. “Camp Connect gives them a chance to spend a whole day with their brother or sister who they don’t get to see very often, if at all. This is a very special day and the kids are so proud to be the first official visitors of LEGOLAND Water Park.”
Features of the park include:
- The centerpiece of the Water Park is a 45-foot-tall tower designed to immerse children in the creative world of LEGO®
- The Build-A-Raft river – a lazy river where guests float on their own custom-built LEGO raft
- Several water slides including four-person raft slide and one-person tube slides as well as slides designed especially for toddlers
- More than 20 LEGO models including giant LEGO friends who splash or spray water on guests
- A splash tower that pours hundreds of gallons of water over kids standing beneath
- A DUPLO® zoo themed water play area for toddlers
- Two sandy beach wading areas
- Retail shops and snack carts
- Cabana Rentals
To learn the latest Water Park news, see photos and video, visit www.LEGOLAND.com.