Top 10 Baby Perfumes & Fragrances For Children
Fragrances for kids? Really? I have to admit that I had never heard about fragrances or perfumes for children until recently when I was introduced to Mustela’s Musti Eau de Soin for babies which smells wonderful (and sells like hot cakes).
According to market researcher Euromonitor, the global fragrance market was worth $24 billion in 2008 alone and now it the world of fragrance seems to be opening up their doors to children. With big names such as Burberry, Bvlgari, Annick Goutal and others creating their own ‘Eau de Enfant’, we have put together the top 10 fragrances for babies and children. I am very curious as to what these perfumes smell like!
1. Eau de Bonpoint from the Parisian fashion house Bonpoint was created by Annick Goutal for her sister Marie-France Cohen, founder of Bonpoint, 20 years ago. To this day it remains to this day the house’s signature fragrance. Last March, Bonpoint made this fragrance available in Bonpoint boutiques worldwide and it retails for 58.29 €.
2. “Ambrette 9 is undeniably the most precious baby formula in the world as it is based mainly on the Ambrette grain, the only musky scent made by nature itself and almost impossible to find.” The fragrance combines citrus and fruit notes to comfort and calm both mama and baby. Price: $200 for 100 ml from Barneys.
” A light, tender and flower scent for babies and children”. “Pleasantly perfumes baby with fruity (orange, mandarin) and flowery notes (lily of the valley, jasmine, freesia)”. Made from cornflower extracts, Sweet lime extracts, Hawthorn extracts and Propylene glycol, this fragrance helps to keep skin moisturized and is hypoallergenic. Available through Amazon.com for $23.95 USD.
4. Burberry Baby Touch by Burberry for kids is a gentle Eau de Toilette Spray (alcohol-free). “A soft and delicate fragrance for babies”, with notes of Mandarin-Orange, Rhubarb-Jelly, Verbena, Wild-Spearmint, Jasmine, Orange-Blossom, Lily-of-the-Valley, Cyclamen and Vanilla Milk Moss. Amazon.com currently sells this fragrance for $29.99 USD.
“A joyful fragrance for sharing by children & their mothers. Delivers warmth freshness love & intimacy. Characterized by an original chamomile & talc note, it combines the sunny feel of Sicilian bergamot & orange, ideal for day & causal wear. A joyful fragrance for sharing by children & their mothers.” 3.4 oz bottle retails for $50.00 (on sale now for $37.99) from Amazon.com
6. Tartine et Chocolat Ptisenbon by Givenchy
Fragrance notes include Honeysuckle, Lily of the valley, Jasmine , Bitter Orange, and Sicilian Lemon. This doesn’t sound as though it would be as suitable as the others and I am not sure about whether or not it is hypoallergenic. Couldn’t find much info on this fragrance. 3.3 oz retails for $85.00 (on sale for $49.39 on Amazon.com)
7. Tous Baby Eau de Cologne “This charmingly innocent fragrance opens with fresh mandarin orange, neroli, and bergamot accompanied by a delicate heart of orange blossom, apple, pear and rose.” 3.4 oz bottle from Dillards: $49.00.
8. Love Chic Baby Coco and Momo fragrances are loved famous mommies as Madonna, Gwen Stefani, Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Moss, Rachel Weisz, Kelly Preston, and Elizabeth Hasselbeck.
The fragrance for girls contains notes of Pink Mandarin, Italian Bergamot, Water Lily, Pink Peony, Yellow Freesia, Island Pineapple and Sheer Rose.
For for little boys the scent is calming and fresh with notes of Mandarin, Orange, Pink Grapefruit, Sweetheart Melon, Wild Strawberry, and Dew Berry.
All fragrances are dermatology tested, allergy/sensitization tested, clinicallly tested and tested for irritation. Price: $48.50
9. Parfum Marie Puce is produced Grasse, France and comes in a blue and pink version. You can buy it directly through Marie Puce for 43 € .
I had no idea Johnson’s made a fragrance for babies! This is a “gentle, fresh fragrance with a pleasant combination of floral and citrus hints to leave your baby smelling clean and fresh.” Specially developed for babies, its exclusive clinically proven mildness formula is alcohol free, making it just right for baby’s delicate skin. Amazon.com sells a 100 ml bottle for $4.64
What do you think? Would you ever purchase fragrance for your child?