Jun

Top 10 Baby Perfumes & Fragrances For Children

Fragrances for kids? Really? I have to admit that I had never heard about fragrances or perfumes for children until recently when I was introduced to Mustela’s Musti Eau de Soin for babies which smells wonderful (and sells like hot cakes).

According to market researcher Euromonitor, the global fragrance market was worth $24 billion in 2008 alone and now it the world of fragrance seems to be opening up their doors to children. With big names such as Burberry, Bvlgari, Annick Goutal and others creating their own ‘Eau de Enfant’, we have put together the top 10 fragrances for babies and children. I am very curious as to what these perfumes smell like!

1. Eau de Bonpoint from the Parisian fashion house Bonpoint was created by Annick Goutal for her sister Marie-France Cohen, founder of Bonpoint, 20 years ago. To this day it remains to this day the house’s signature fragrance. Last March, Bonpoint made this fragrance available in Bonpoint boutiques worldwide and it retails for 58.29 €.

2. “Ambrette 9 is undeniably the most precious baby formula in the world as it is based mainly on the Ambrette grain, the only musky scent made by nature itself and almost impossible to find.” The fragrance combines citrus and fruit notes to comfort and calm both mama and baby. Price: $200 for 100 ml from Barneys.

3. Musti Eau Soin

” A light, tender and flower scent for babies and children”. “Pleasantly perfumes baby with fruity (orange, mandarin) and flowery notes (lily of the valley, jasmine, freesia)”. Made from cornflower extracts, Sweet lime extracts, Hawthorn extracts and Propylene glycol, this fragrance helps to keep skin moisturized and is hypoallergenic. Available through Amazon.com for $23.95 USD.

4. Burberry Baby Touch by Burberry for kids is a gentle Eau de Toilette Spray (alcohol-free). “A soft and delicate fragrance for babies”, with notes of Mandarin-Orange, Rhubarb-Jelly, Verbena, Wild-Spearmint, Jasmine, Orange-Blossom, Lily-of-the-Valley, Cyclamen and Vanilla Milk Moss. Amazon.com currently sells this fragrance for $29.99 USD.

5. Petits et Mamans Fragrance by Bvlgari for Children

“A joyful fragrance for sharing by children & their mothers. Delivers warmth freshness love & intimacy. Characterized by an original chamomile & talc note, it combines the sunny feel of Sicilian bergamot & orange, ideal for day & causal wear. A joyful fragrance for sharing by children & their mothers.” 3.4 oz bottle retails for $50.00 (on sale now for $37.99) from Amazon.com

6. Tartine et Chocolat Ptisenbon by Givenchy
Fragrance notes include Honeysuckle, Lily of the valley, Jasmine , Bitter Orange, and Sicilian Lemon. This doesn’t sound as though it would be as suitable as the others and I am not sure about whether or not it is hypoallergenic. Couldn’t find much info on this fragrance. 3.3 oz retails for $85.00 (on sale for $49.39 on Amazon.com)

7. Tous Baby Eau de Cologne “This charmingly innocent fragrance opens with fresh mandarin orange, neroli, and bergamot accompanied by a delicate heart of orange blossom, apple, pear and rose.” 3.4 oz bottle from Dillards: $49.00.

8. Love Chic Baby Coco and Momo fragrances are loved famous mommies as Madonna, Gwen Stefani, Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Moss, Rachel Weisz, Kelly Preston, and Elizabeth Hasselbeck.

The fragrance for girls contains notes of Pink Mandarin, Italian Bergamot, Water Lily, Pink Peony, Yellow Freesia, Island Pineapple and Sheer Rose.

For for little boys the scent is calming and fresh with notes of Mandarin, Orange, Pink Grapefruit, Sweetheart Melon, Wild Strawberry, and Dew Berry.

All fragrances are dermatology tested, allergy/sensitization tested, clinicallly tested and tested for irritation. Price: $48.50

9. Parfum Marie Puce is produced Grasse, France and comes in a blue and pink version. You can buy it directly through Marie Puce for 43 € .

10. Johnson’s Baby Cologne

I had no idea Johnson’s made a fragrance for babies! This is a “gentle, fresh fragrance with a pleasant combination of floral and citrus hints to leave your baby smelling clean and fresh.” Specially developed for babies, its exclusive clinically proven mildness formula is alcohol free, making it just right for baby’s delicate skin. Amazon.com sells a 100 ml bottle for $4.64

What do you think? Would you ever purchase fragrance for your child?

19 Responses to "Top 10 Baby Perfumes & Fragrances For Children"

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Top 10 Baby Perfumes & Fragrances For Children - Child Mode -- Topsy.com

2. Laura W.

June 1, 2010 at 3:25 pm

No, I just can’t imagine putting perfume or cologne on my baby. He smells sweet enough as it is.

3. Pingback: Weekly Shopping and Goodies : What’s Haute Magazine

4. Pingback: Shopping and Goodies: Tory Burch Oversized Sunglasses, Weekend At The Ritz & More - Child Mode

5. Pingback: Shopping + Goodies 6.2.10 – Get Set for Summer Fashion – TheFind blog

6. Pingback: Shopping + Goodies – Get Set for Summer Fashion – StyleMaven - Luxury Shopping Inspiration

7. Pingback: Weekly Shopping And Goodies | Couture in the City

8. Pingback: Shopping and Goodies Summer Fashions | Celebrity Wildcard

9. Pingback: Shopping & Goodies has sales, freebies and more this week! « Fashion Cents

10. debby smith

October 1, 2010 at 4:30 pm

No, I thought it was an untapped market ripe for picking but I actually can’t believe people would put it on a child. Manufacturerers have been able to market products with fragrences, from deoderants to to laundry deterrgents dish detergents etc. They have convinved people that their houses smell unless they use plugs ins. The list is endless. I can’t find candles that don’t smell. NIH studies have shown that added fragrance makes approximately thirty percent of the population ill and the numbers for asthmatics and people with chemicl sensitives is much higher. Children also have a much higher rate of chemicals in their blood streams than adults. If people wnt their children to smell good bathing them with soap and water should do it.

11. Caroline

March 10, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I would.
    I am only familiar with Ptisenbon and Musti, but they smell great! They are both light and perfectly suited from babies and young children; not at all the kind of heavy, fruity-sweet cheap supermarket colognes for teenagers. They are very classy.
    Thank you for your article as it informs me about where to purchase them in the US! I won’t need to stock up while traveling abroad any longer!
    I wish, however, that you had smelled the 10 perfumes before writing the article; it doesn’t seem quite fair to pass judgement on products that you haven’t even tested…

12. Nadia

March 16, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Thank you Caroline. Musti is a favorite of mine actually ;).

If you read the article you’ll notice I only ‘quoted’ what the company said about the fragrances, the opinions listed are not my own, hence the quotations. I have since, sampled a couple of the fragrances and will say the descriptions are quite accurate. I hope to test them all out someday ;).

13. Maria

September 19, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Johnson&Johnson its seling baby cologn in europe for over 40 years,that was my mathers choice when I was a baby and Im now45.

14. yogita saraswat

November 3, 2012 at 6:57 am

I want to know are there any shops in south delhi where I can purchase Johnson baby cologne?

15. Rozy

January 29, 2013 at 11:09 pm

I would use the baby cologne for myself! Not sure about putting it on a baby, you’d have to do a patch test first.

16. Pingback: Children fashionistas: Why French children dress better than you do. – A Woman's Paris

17. rosie

January 28, 2014 at 10:24 pm

I need a musty or baby trust .I need a sample to try for me to buy

18. annacolleen

February 1, 2014 at 11:21 am

Why not? Little girls want to small good too, and as long as it’s not causing rashes, so heavy as to cause an asthma attack, I don’t see anything wrong with it. Parents have some weird hang ups these day’s, they let their kids dress like they’re in their 20’s, wear shoes with 2 inch heels, get mani- pedi’s,but say “no” to letting their little girl wear a light fragrance!
    Avon used to make a few things, like lip gloss, and eau de parfum, and I believ some face powder. The “Tinkerbell” brand had dusting powder, both in a mitt, and a small round box, cologne, bath bubbles, and lip gloss, and even quite recently, Bath and Body Works had an “American Girl” line. Burt’s Bees had a solid cologne that smelled faintly of honey.
    I went to Italy, and found “Miss Milkie” for my grand daughter, but have not been able to find it here in the States.
    The colognes available now, are expensive, and not the kind to be handed to a young child. I have “Musti” in my cabinet, but the scent is so light, that it’s not worth the bother.
    I have asked the Vermont Store, to try and bring back “Tinkerbell, and all the gift sets. They were perfect. The scent was mild and lasted for maybe an hour, but was fun for my girls to use alongside me, as I readied myself for the day, or at our bedtime bath’s.

19. Julie Dunn

April 12, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I am bathing my son now, he’s almost 4 and plays outside all the time. Usually gets at least 2 baths a day with mild soap but can still smell a little, well like a rough boy. He has asthma and I am a nurse so I’m particular, cant use a spray but the Johnsons baby cologne is a splash. I just put a dash on my hand a rub over his clothes sometimes if we are dressing up. Never had a problem with it. I like it, would like to try some others but hate to pay a high price if it bothers him. I made the mistake of getting Versace for me, it sets him off so I can’t wear it.But thats the only one I have that I can tell effects him. Everything is scented now, just be cautious of spraying directly. Baby powder is actually very bad for kids to breathe in, I one thinks of that one.